Which spring break cruise should I choose, IOS or Dream

We are planning on taking a cruise the end of March/first of April for our girls spring break (DD 13 and DD 17). I had everything planned out to take the Carnival Dream 7 night out of Port Canaveral which goes to Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay and Costa Maya. We have only cruised 3 times before. Once on Disney when the girls were younger, once on Carnival Liberty and last year on Carnival Dream eastern. Mahogany Bay and Belize would be new ports for us and the girls Loved the Dream, so this is why I had chosen this particular cruise. I had really never consider going with RCI because I thought the price would be so much more than Carnival. I decided to look into other cruises and found the IOS 8 night out of Fort Lauderdale, going to St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Puerto Rico and Labadee. The price was not much more than the Carnival Dream cruise and it's a day longer!! We loved St. Maarten and have never been to the other 3 ports so it just seems like a much better choice for us all around. My only hesitation is I wonder if the girls will have as much fun on RCI as they did on Carnival. They really did not go on the water slide that much (most of the time it was closed due to high winds anyway). But they really enjoyed the party atmosphere . They enjoyed hanging out with other teens around the pool and the dancing and activities at night on the Lido deck. Neither one of them liked the clubs for their age group, but they both had friends with them on the last cruise and we will be alone on this next one so they may want to go to the clubs this cruise (also it will probably be my oldest daughters last chance to do the "teen" activities since she is 17). Anyone with teenagers who have been on both RCI and Carnival have any input? I'm leaning toward switching to the IOS but I just want to make sure the girls will enjoy it just as much or more than their last cruise. Thanks

We are planning on taking a cruise the end of March/first of April for our girls spring break (DD 13 and DD 17). I had everything planned out to take the Carnival Dream 7 night out of Port Canaveral which goes to Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay and Costa Maya. We have only cruised 3 times before. Once on Disney when the girls were younger, once on Carnival Liberty and last year on Carnival Dream eastern. Mahogany Bay and Belize would be new ports for us and the girls Loved the Dream, so this is why I had chosen this particular cruise. I had really never consider going with RCI because I thought the price would be so much more than Carnival. I decided to look into other cruises and found the IOS 8 night out of Fort Lauderdale, going to St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Puerto Rico and Labadee. The price was not much more than the Carnival Dream cruise and it's a day longer!! We loved St. Maarten and have never been to the other 3 ports so it just seems like a much better choice for us all around. My only hesitation is I wonder if the girls will have as much fun on RCI as they did on Carnival. They really did not go on the water slide that much (most of the time it was closed due to high winds anyway). But they really enjoyed the party atmosphere . They enjoyed hanging out with other teens around the pool and the dancing and activities at night on the Lido deck. Neither one of them liked the clubs for their age group, but they both had friends with them on the last cruise and we will be alone on this next one so they may want to go to the clubs this cruise (also it will probably be my oldest daughters last chance to do the "teen" activities since she is 17). Anyone with teenagers who have been on both RCI and Carnival have any input? I'm leaning toward switching to the IOS but I just want to make sure the girls will enjoy it just as much or more than their last cruise. Thanks

The 8 nighter on RCI is one we have done many times...that itinerary is amazing have done it on INDY & Liberty..best bang for your buck...enjoy you won't be sorry and neither will your family :):D

I've not sailed with my boys during spring break, but during the summer when we've cruised as a family, my teen boys (14 and 18 on our last family cruise) have had a great time. The 14 year old hung out in the Living Room and Fuel, the two main teen hangouts. The 18 year old, in the previous year when he was 17, enjoyed those facilities as well.

If either of your daughters likes adventurous water activities (I know you said that they didn't do the water slide much, but maybe this would be more their speed), Independence of the Seas has a FlowRider. That can be a lot of fun!

Thanks guys for your input. Do you all know how the teen areas are divided. For instance would my 13 year old be hanging out in the same areas as my 17 year old? In years past this might be a problem but the girls have recently started hanging out together more now that my youngest is a teenager I guess they have more in common. :D

Thanks guys for your input. Do you all know how the teen areas are divided. For instance would my 13 year old be hanging out in the same areas as my 17 year old? In years past this might be a problem but the girls have recently started hanging out together more now that my youngest is a teenager I guess they have more in common. :D

They group them as 12-14 and 15-17. If I remember what my kids told me, sometimes they're intermingled, but usually they're separate, doing their own things.