HELP please

fairymum

Hi in October I am cruising from Southampton to Fort Lauderdale and have decided to stay 3 days before we fly home from Miami,can anyone please advise me on the best places to stay we want to visit south beach but is it a place just to visit or stay? We don't want to hire a car are the transport links good ? Hope someone can help..we are 45 and 51 and will be travelling with our 19 yr old son.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Downtown Brickell last Feb. It is a great hotel. You can walk everywhere and there is thing you can take you everywhere. Like a subway but up high. Sorry don't know what it is called. This time, next month we are doing Intercontinental. they are very nice and 3 minutes away. It is a little more expensive. Love downtown Miami. We have also stayed at South Beach but hotels are really expensive.

Thanks for replies still searching that hotel does look awesome but don't really want downtown. Karen

For three days, I'd look at Miami Beach/South Beach. There is a good bus system. No need for car rental to see a big area. You can even do a bus to the airport easily. October is slow so you will get nice hotel choices for great rates.

Edited by eandj

Decide what area you want first.

Now go to tripadvisor.com and find hotels and recent reviews in that area.

Now narrow down your choices to 4 or 5 and come back here and ask for any advice re them. THere are some really knowledgeable Florida residents here that can help you. But you need to help with some details re where you want to be.

Decide what area you want first.

Now go to tripadvisor.com and find hotels and recent reviews in that area.

Now narrow down your choices to 4 or 5 and come back here and ask for any advice re them. THere are some really knowledgeable Florida residents here that can help you. But you need to help with some details re where you want to be.

I've done that lol

my choices are

miami beach resort and spa

Essex house hotel

the Hotel

hotel Riu

there is obviously ones I like better but those seem more my price range:

would like to be near south beach, walking distance to most things would be good or bike hire. any help would be much appreciated :D