Group cruises?

rob6465

Are reduced deposits still offered on group cruises. If i have a group(25+) who want to cruise, how can i get the best deal for them? Cruise is december

I heard the reduced deposits are only for TAs. If you are able to do it, just know an actual cabin isn't assigned until the full deposit is actually paid.

You can work with the group dept at Carnival, but still, I don't think you'll get the reduced deposit. Or you can call your local TA...or ask your PVP.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forums mobile app

yeah I know that TA's can do it, since I just booked a group on the Splendor in August today. It's only a $25.00 deposit.

Was it worth it? Did u feel like your group got a good deal? How many in your group? I am celebrating my birthday and think i can get 30 in group.

Find a good travel agent to set up your group. We are allowed to start deposits at $25 per person ($50 per room). Some TAs may ask for a slightly higher deposit, like $50 or $100 per person, to weed out those that aren't really serious about going on the cruise.

You can use amenity points to add a variety of items, such as onboard credit, for your group. You will also earn one free berth for every 8 rooms of double occupancy or more. This can be applied to one room to reduce the cost for the group leader, spread among all the rooms for onboard credit, or used for private parties or meeting for your group onboard.

Carnival's new group policy is suppose to keep group rates lower than any other sale offered including Early Saver. So far, this has been my experience with the groups I am servicing.

It can be very complicated and overwhelming to handle on your own. You will want to make it as easy and "fun" for your guests and yourself. A TA can help with travel arrangements to/from the port, travel insurance, group shore excurions, and more. Let a travel agent do all the work for you! Happy to answer any questions you have. Best of luck!

Was it worth it? Did u feel like your group got a good deal? How many in your group? I am celebrating my birthday and think i can get 30 in group.

Make sure your sailing offers amenity points; some don't. But you would still get the free berth. I'm assuming you're doing the group booking to get the added perk of OBC, wine and/or strawberries in the room, photo credit, etc. If that is the case, again, make sure your sailing offers them.

Find a good travel agent to set up your group.

It can be very complicated and overwhelming to handle on your own. You will want to make it as easy and "fun" for your guests and yourself. A TA can help with travel arrangements to/from the port, travel insurance, group shore excurions, and more. Let a travel agent do all the work for you! Happy to answer any questions you have. Best of luck!

I agree 100%. With a group of that size, let someone else do all of the work and it will be a lot less stress on your part.

Make sure your sailing offers amenity points; some don't. But you would still get the free berth. I'm assuming you're doing the group booking to get the added perk of OBC' date=' wine and/or strawberries in the room, photo credit, etc. If that is the case, again, make sure your sailing offers them.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forums mobile app[/quote']

This is interesting:mad: DH and I cruise with a group and have never had a reduced deposit. NEVER, which would have been nice considering our 8-day cruise deposits are $300 each! We do get a cocktail gathering, but have never received wine or strawberries. Should I be raising an eyebrow at our TA?

I know there are certain rules on cruise critic...but if anyone here has a facebook page with cruise tips. I would be happy to swing by and check it out.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Forums mobile app

This is interesting:mad: DH and I cruise with a group and have never had a reduced deposit. NEVER, which would have been nice considering our 8-day cruise deposits are $300 each! We do get a cocktail gathering, but have never received wine or strawberries. Should I be raising an eyebrow at our TA?

Was the agent with carnival or independent? My son's wedding had a group of 30+ and we got no reduced deposit either,agent was a carnival agent.

Another thing you might want to ask a TA is how he/she will go about getting booking info from everyone in your group. For example, with the groups I book, I create a webpage for them with all the cruise info, pictures, prices, etc. and even a secure online booking form. This way all you, the group leader, has to do it refer people to the webpage and you're not out collecting names, birthdays, credit card numbers, etc. I also create a private facebook group for my groups so they can get to know each other, dicuss activities, etc. and they have access to me for any questions they may have. If they group is local, I also host a "cruise party" to get to know everyone. Make sure the TA is not expecting you to do anything more than spread the word. Everything else is his/her job.

As long as the booking is far enough ahead of the sailing, you should always be allowed to get reduced initial deposits. The dates will depend on the length of the cruise. The longer the cruise, the further ahead depsotis are due.

Your TA has 60 days from creating the group to get the $25 per person deposits ($50 per room). After the 60 days, he/she has to give back any undeposited rooms on hold. The next full deposit, $250 per person for 7 day cruise or $200 per person for short cruises, is due 150 days before sailing for 6+ day cruises or 120 days prior for short cruises. At this time you are actually booked into a specific room. Finally, final payment is due 75 days prior to sailing for 6+ day cruises or 60 days prior for short cruises.

Don't assume your TA is being dishonest with you about the deposits, but you may want to ask. There may be certain conditions on your particular sailing. Also, many as for a higher initial deposit to make sure people are really serious about sailing. A lot of people will deposit at $25 and then back out when the big money is due, thus wasting everyone's time and rooms on hold. Also, 3rd and 4th person rates are subject to change until the full deposit is made.

Make sure your sailing offers amenity points; some don't. But you would still get the free berth. I'm assuming you're doing the group booking to get the added perk of OBC' date=' wine and/or strawberries in the room, photo credit, etc. If that is the case, again, make sure your sailing offers them.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forums mobile app[/quote']

Just FYI, amenities can be bought by adding them into the cruise fare. They are usually about $5 per point per 1st and 2nd guest ($10 per cabin) depending on the sailing. You can also reduce amenities being offered to lower the cruise price if you'd rather do that.

Ms. Mot, the things you receive depends on the number of amenity points your particular sailing gets.

And I do like the fact of getting the reduced deposit, but you don't get to pick your exact cabin right away, only the type of cabin you want.

Just FYI, amenities can be bought by adding them into the cruise fare. They are usually about $5 per point per 1st and 2nd guest ($10 per cabin) depending on the sailing. You can also reduce amenities being offered to lower the cruise price if you'd rather do that.

True Genesis, but sometimes it's not advantageous to pay for the points.

Many TA's do not do the $25p/p deposit on groups although they can.

$25 deposit does not assign your cabin , mainly just a hold space deposit.

Full normal deposit gets your names on a cabin .

Also , Full deposit will attract the more serious clients to book.

Amazing how many $25 deposit clients drop out when the Full deposit payment date arrives.

Yes, have a TA that is experienced in groups ,do all the work for you , costs you nothing.

Also , Full deposit will attract the more serious clients to book.

Amazing how many $25 deposit clients drop out when the Full deposit payment date arrives.

True. But this actually helps me this year...4 cruises and hate seeing my money go at once. Lol. Gives me time to spread out costs.

Yeah I believe so. The cruise is on the Splendor in late august. 25.00 deposit by 3/1, 300 more by 3/25 and balance due on 6/2.

The group I booked was 18, but more the merrier :)

As long as the booking is far enough ahead of the sailing, you should always be allowed to get reduced initial deposits. The dates will depend on the length of the cruise. The longer the cruise, the further ahead depsotis are due.

Your TA has 60 days from creating the group to get the $25 per person deposits ($50 per room). After the 60 days, he/she has to give back any undeposited rooms on hold. The next full deposit, $250 per person for 7 day cruise or $200 per person for short cruises, is due 150 days before sailing for 6+ day cruises or 120 days prior for short cruises. At this time you are actually booked into a specific room. Finally, final payment is due 75 days prior to sailing for 6+ day cruises or 60 days prior for short cruises.

Don't assume your TA is being dishonest with you about the deposits, but you may want to ask. There may be certain conditions on your particular sailing. Also, many as for a higher initial deposit to make sure people are really serious about sailing. A lot of people will deposit at $25 and then back out when the big money is due, thus wasting everyone's time and rooms on hold. Also, 3rd and 4th person rates are subject to change until the full deposit is made.

We booked our September 2014 cruise in June 2013; I think that is pretty far enough ahead. And he made a point to remind us that he had to have the full $300 per person to get a cabin assignment.

We booked our September 2014 cruise in June 2013; I think that is pretty far enough ahead. And he made a point to remind us that he had to have the full $300 per person to get a cabin assignment.

Maybe your TA didn't want to deal with the headache???? But you have the exact cabin you want. Depending on how long it would have taken you to pay the full deposit, your specific cabin may have been gone.

I can't pick my cabin until I'm paid in full. But I also have to wait for my roommate too. Hopefully she'll have her half soon.

Yes, you have to pay full deposit to get a specific cabin at that time. If you pay the reduced deposit, it just holds a cabin type for you, ex. balcony. You will pick your cabin at full deposit. There is usually lots of availability left by then, but if you are wanting a specific cabin, its best to pay the full deposit.