Best room when traveling with small children

We are taking our 2 year old and 18 month old grandsons on a cruise but haven't booked a room or rooms yet. We are thing about traveling on a Freedom class ship. Any recommendations as to what is the best room arrangement for traveling with two toddlers? Are there adjoining rooms available? Family rooms? The 18 month old will still be in a crib so we need space for a crib.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We are taking our 2 year old and 18 month old grandsons on a cruise but haven't booked a room or rooms yet. We are thing about traveling on a Freedom class ship. Any recommendations as to what is the best room arrangement for traveling with two toddlers? Are there adjoining rooms available? Family rooms? The 18 month old will still be in a crib so we need space for a crib.

Freedom class has some interesting connecting staterooms on deck 9. You can get a balcony and a connecting inside or a balcony and a connecting oceanview. Look at the deck 9 deck plan on Royal's website at staterooms 9696/9701 and 9520/9518 on the port side. The starboard side has the same arrangement.

Another one to look at is the family ov. We changed our ov to the family ov shortly before sailing and we loved the two separate bedrooms with the living room in the middle. That was on the Explorer but I would assume that the setup would be similar on Freedom.

We travelled on Indy in a Royal Family Suite, which we loved. Our kids slept on the pull-out couch, and there would've been plenty of space in the living room or master bedroom for a crib. Master ensure also has a tub!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse wacky auto-correct-induced typos.

We had an aft wrap on our last cruise with our 4 year old and 10 month old. It was a different line, but sure RC would be similar. It has plenty of space and the bath tub was great to have!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

A JS would give you the space for the crib and may cost less than 2 cabins. You will also get a tub which could come in handy with toddlers. And a very large closet.

I agree, they need space and a bathtub. I wouldn't feel comfortable with a connecting cabin at their age. A GS will be even better!:):)

On a different line we took our 2 year old in an inside - I only mention this because it did not have a tub or a balcony & we did not feel like it was necessary.

Granted you will need more room for 2 children, but I would not classify a tub or a balcony as a need.

I agree, they need space and a bathtub. I wouldn't feel comfortable with a connecting cabin at their age. A GS will be even better!:):)

I agree, plus the priority disembarking is very nice with little ones, as well as ordering off MDR menu for room service.

Freedom class has some interesting connecting staterooms on deck 9. You can get a balcony and a connecting inside or a balcony and a connecting oceanview. Look at the deck 9 deck plan on Royal's website at staterooms 9696/9701 and 9520/9518 on the port side. The starboard side has the same arrangement.

Thanks for your advice. We will look into the Deck 9 plans and also see about a Junior or Grand suite.