MS Noordam Sail-Away-Jan. 6, 2014

aliaschief

Hello everyone! I have done what little I could do with the driveway (lost cause I am afraid) Took the dogs out for a play (too slippery to walk) and now, if we keep our power. I am here for a bit.

chief - glad to hear you got that add on - I understood it was only for Europe and a couple other spots so I don't think it helps us too much. We already have Explore 4 on the P'dam. Unless, they change the house wine, it's not going to do us much good - but what will be will be ;)

Curious if you are still on, did you just ask your TA as I don't see it listed for your cruise either:confused:

[quote name='Scrapnana']She had an odd sounding horn! I was choosing my seat for the flight tomorrow and all of a sudden there was that toot. Made me jump![/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]Where are you cruising from, Scrapnana? Yes, it was a very odd sound.[/SIZE][/FONT]

i left to head out to the gym at 5 pm. I was sure that I missed the sailaway. i got back just before six and sat down for dinner downstairs. then I heard this long horn sound from upstairs. I couldn't figure out what it was. It was the sail-away that I didn't miss afterall. Yahoo!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]Had an upsell offer for our Maasdam cruise. I booked an inside originally because one we really liked on our Ryndam cruise was available on Maasdam. Upsell to Oceanview or Lanai. DH said he'd love to try a lanai so that it will be (so would I).

We had a verandah on the NA for our European cruise and once again, someone was smoking in the aft wrap next to us. I hate that.

I told our TA I'd take a Lanai if one on the Port side is available...Starboard allows smoking on the LP deck...unless that's changed.

Don't think it was a great offer...the prices are no longer on the website for the lanai on our cruise. Maybe saved $400 [/SIZE][/FONT]:confused:

[quote name='kazu']Hello everyone! I have done what little I could do with the driveway (lost cause I am afraid) Took the dogs out for a play (too slippery to walk) and now, if we keep our power. I am here for a bit.

chief - glad to hear you got that add on - I understood it was only for Europe and a couple other spots so I don't think it helps us too much. We already have Explore 4 on the P'dam. Unless, they change the house wine, it's not going to do us much good - but what will be will be ;)

Curious if you are still on, did you just ask your TA as I don't see it listed for your cruise either:confused:[/QUOTE]

It's there but when you search Above and Beyondyou have to click Austraila. New Zealand/Pacific and the 36 day is the last one on the page.

[quote name='Scrapnana']OK, that's it for me. Those of you who have cruises this spring/summer, have a great time. May be able to check in a few times and say "hi" but otherwise, see you all in October (my, that sounds a long way off).[/QUOTE]

OCTOBER!!! WOW THAT IS A long CRUISE!

We may have to cancel our P'dam booking for November... we just don't have any luck with our FCCs... we've still yet to use ours after 2 bookings and cancelations. DWs company may be nixing any vacation September thru November of this year due to ICD-10 compliance (Mrs Chief will know why!). If so, we will get to book the Ocean Princess for a December TA that I wanted to begin with as she stops at Gibralter and is longer than the P'dam cruise.... so keeping my fingers crossed! ;)

Maybe we'll hear Noordam yet with those nice whistles from SS! Edited by 0bnxshs

[quote name='Scrapnana']OK, that's it for me. Those of you who have cruises this spring/summer, have a great time. May be able to check in a few times and say "hi" but otherwise, see you all in October (my, that sounds a long way off).[/QUOTE]

Oh my, what a nice and long cruise. I sure hope you able to check in with us every now and then to give us a few details of what you are up to.
Have a wonderful and safe time.
Enjoy!

[quote name='aliaschief'] Yes, she cancelled booking and rebooked for same price. Checked on a couple of other bookings, if we had rebooked the price was higher than we had originally paid.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]Probably wouldn't work for us then. The price on our TA has gone up considerably. Unless they've changed it yet again[/SIZE][/FONT]!:eek: Edited by innlady1

[quote name='kazu']Hello everyone! I have done what little I could do with the driveway (lost cause I am afraid) Took the dogs out for a play (too slippery to walk) and now, if we keep our power. I am here for a bit.

Curious if you are still on, did you just ask your TA as I don't see it listed for your cruise either:confused:[/QUOTE]

Missy and I just took a quick "waka-waka" around the block... her in her sweater and me in my shorts in our 52°F weather... I forgot the mail in the COPs car that we stopped and picked up while on patrol yesterday so I retrieved it on the walk. Hope you keep power and stay warm tonight, Jacqui!

[quote name='0bnxshs']We may have to cancel our P'dam booking for November... we just don't have any luck with our FCCs... we've still yet to use ours after 2 bookings and cancelations. DWs company may be nixing any vacation September thru November of this year due to ICD-10 compliance (Mrs Chief will know why!). If so, we will get to book the Ocean Princess for a December TA that I wanted to begin with as she stops at Gibralter and is longer than the P'dam cruise.... so keeping my fingers crossed! ;)

Maybe we'll hear Noordam yet with those nice whistles from SS![/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]Our Noordam TA next fall stops at Gibralter. That was one of the draws for us.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='KNOT2L82SAIL']Too funny. My email just made the ding for a new email... and it was from Holland America Line .... and for the Above and Beyond program. I will need to look at that later on today. :)[/QUOTE]

Either the NSA or HAL is monitoring our thread! :eek::cool::rolleyes:

[quote name='innlady1'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]Our Noordam TA next fall stops at Gibralter. That was one of the draws for us.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]Be aware of the monkeys![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='innlady1'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]Our Noordam TA next fall stops at Gibralter. That was one of the draws for us.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I hate the idea of sailing by and missing it.... hmmmm might have to look at the Noordam sailing too. It's something I've always wanted to see.

[quote name='0bnxshs']Either the NSA or HAL is monitoring our thread! :eek::cool::rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

It has to be HAL. NSA does not need to waste any time on this board. I do not think we are all that dangerous.... only if there are no toots!!! Now that is a different story. ;)