Captain's Club POLL- Are you happy  

528 members have voted

1. 1. Captain's Club POLL- Are you happy

• Very happy
    • Somewhat happy
    • Somewhat unhappy
    • Very unhappy
    • Don't care

Celebrity is a big, bad bully, and I don't like the stupid, stinky rules they make me play with in the club sandbox. They won't play nice with me. They are so stoopid! I kicked sand at them. I'm gonna take my toys and only play in the club sandboxes if I get what I want. I hate those booger brained Celebrity dummies. Thhhbbbbbbbbtttt!!!!

Ok, have it your way.:p

These along with the fact that status including Pinnacle, Zenith equivalent is easier and more quickly attained than on X by a factor of 2 or 3.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

And that is what I think is the biggest weakness in the new system. Want to be Elite on Celebrity? Cruise on RCL for the quickest path unless one wants to book the expensive suites.

And that is what I think is the biggest weakness in the new system. Want to be Elite on Celebrity? Cruise on RCL for the quickest path unless one wants to book the expensive suites.

Pluses and minuses. You could still alternatively reach Diamond in one cruise - which is the quickest path - via Elite equivalence sailing on Celebrity as well.

Actually, it's still quicker sailing on Celebrity in CC or AQ, with 60 nights vs a balcony on RCL at 75 nights.

You'd need to move up to a suite on their ships to make it quicker than that, at 38 nights. Which is still slower than doing it in the suites on Celebrity now... So much for equitable.

Pluses and minuses. You could still alternatively reach Diamond in one cruise - which is the quickest path - via Elite equivalence sailing on Celebrity as well.

But that means being in a very expensive suite for at least 17 nights. IMO double the time in a JS on RCI would be a much more cost efficient way to get to Elite/Diamond and the bonus is you would be on a cruise much longer time wise.

Actually, it's still quicker sailing on Celebrity in CC or AQ, with 60 nights vs a balcony on RCL at 75 nights.

You'd need to move up to a suite on their ships to make it quicker than that, at 38 nights. Which is still slower than doing it in the suites on Celebrity now... So much for equitable.

But if you in an inside, OV or balcony it's quicker on RC than a similar cabin on X. A CC or AQ is not equivalent to a balcony on RC, a veranda is which only gets 3 points per night. They are similar, including cost wise, to a JS which gets double credit on RC. One has to be in a higher full suite, a Celebrity or higher on X to get more point value to Elite/Diamond than on RC.

Edited by robtulipe

A CC or AQ is not equivalent to a balcony on RC, a veranda is which only gets 3 points per night. They are similar, including cost wise, to a JS which gets double credit on RC.

Bob, a JS on Royal is signicantly more expensive than a CC or an AQ cabin on Celebrity. Unless you are getting a last minute deal, a JS is in the price range of an S1 or S2 on X. But then of course, if sailing on X, you can also get last minute deals on S1 and 2 cabins.

Bob, a JS on Royal is signicantly more expensive than a CC or an AQ cabin on Celebrity. Unless you are getting a last minute deal, a JS is in the price range of an S1 or S2 on X. But then of course, if sailing on X, you can also get last minute deals on S1 and 2 cabins.

Katie you are correct as typically a JS or S mini will cost more than a concierge and aqua class but the latter are not the same as a regular balcony on RC. They are actually categories in between the mini-suite and balcony/veranda categories.

A JS typically would be 1/4 the cost of a PH on X or Royal Suite on RC.

Edited by robtulipe

But that means being in a very expensive suite for at least 17 nights. IMO double the time in a JS on RCI would be a much more cost efficient way to get to Elite/Diamond and the bonus is you would be on a cruise much longer time wise.

However, cruisenut was calling it a weakness that you could get there quicker on RCL. Actually, you can still get there quicker on Celebrity, if that's your aim. It doesn't do anything for loyalty though.

Achieving the old top level in a single cruise is a bit of a joke imo.

But if you in an inside, OV or balcony it's quicker on RC than a similar cabin on X. A CC or AQ is not equivalent to a balcony on RC, a veranda is which only gets 3 points per night. They are similar, including cost wise, to a JS which gets double credit on RC. One has to be in a higher full suite, a Celebrity or higher on X to get more point value to Elite/Diamond than on RC.

As said above, JS isn't similar cost wise to a CC or AQ.

And the point was to refute cruisenut's claim that the quickest way and weakness was in RCL's program, when Celebrity's CC and AQ are still quicker than Royal Caribbean's suites.

I also can only wonder if so many posters would be so critical if they actually reset levels for everyone. It's easy to be dismissive of new entrants when you've been given the perks already. (I imagine the dismissive ones would then be the ones who do only sail in suites!)

However, cruisenut was calling it a weakness that you could get there quicker on RCL. Actually, you can still get there quicker on Celebrity, if that's your aim. It doesn't do anything for loyalty though.

And the point was to refute cruisenut's claim that the quickest way and weakness was in RCL's program, when Celebrity's CC and AQ are still quicker than Royal Caribbean's suites.

Please be consistent when refuting what I claim. ;) Perhaps you can find where I stated the words in red.

I said that RCL was quicker except when one books the more expensive suites. Yes you can get to Elite by paying $20,000 + pp on an 18 night cruise: Solstice price quote today...

Royal Suite Occupancy: 2 Passengers $19,798.00 USD -

Stateroom Class Celebrity Cruises

Best Available

Royal Suite 1607

Deck(S):

11 - Penthouse Deck

Stateroom Area

590 Sq. Ft.

Middle

Select this Stateroom Courtesy Hold

Penthouse Suite Occupancy: 2 Passengers $28,798.00 USD +

Stateroom Class Celebrity Cruises

How many nights sailing in an inside or OV cabin does it take to reach Elite on Celebrity vs Diamond on RCL?

How many nights sailing in a Verandah cabin does it take to reach Elite with Celebrity vs Diamond on RCL.?

On many Celebrity cruises it has been rumoured that Penthouse guests (and perhaps others) are allowed Elite perks even on their first cruise. Is it a reward for loyalty or just a reward for spending big $$$ on a cruise?

You seem to have missed these words by Cruisenut, "Cruise on RCL for the quickest path unless one wants to book the expensive suites", which would seem to indicate quite clearly that he acknowledges higher priced options on "X" are available and quicker, but for many he is quite correct as I show below.

Cruising RCL in an inside cabin would require 80 nights to get to D and by reciprocity E on Celebrity.

Cruising "X" in an inside/OV would require a minimum of 150 nights at 2 points per night.

So 80 on RCL versus 150 on "X" shows pretty clearly that Cruisenut is correct IMHO.

On many Celebrity cruises it has been rumoured that Penthouse guests (and perhaps others) are allowed Elite perks even on their first cruise. Is it a reward for loyalty or just a reward for spending big $$$ on a cruise?

Myself and DW are at least two of the "others". One CC host whom we were speaking with about CC benefits, gave us special VIP cards for the last few days of a B2B to allow us to access and experience both the Elite breakfast and the afternoon Elite daily cocktail hour.

That simple action was probably the best marketing anyone could have done to encourage us to keep booking more cruises with Celebrity.

Please be consistent when refuting what I claim. ;) Perhaps you can find where I stated the words in red.

I said that RCL was quicker except when one books the more expensive suites. Yes you can get to Elite by paying $20,000 + pp on an 18 night cruise: Solstice price quote today...

How many nights sailing in an inside or OV cabin does it take to reach Elite on Celebrity vs Diamond on RCL?

How many nights sailing in a Verandah cabin does it take to reach Elite with Celebrity vs Diamond on RCL.?

The Royal suite only gets 12 points per day. One would have to sail in the Penthouse on a 17+ night cruise to make Elite in one cruise!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

You seem to have missed these words by Cruisenut, "Cruise on RCL for the quickest path unless one wants to book the expensive suites", which would seem to indicate quite clearly that he acknowledges higher priced options on "X" are available and quicker, but for many he is quite correct as I show below.

I didn't miss that, but it's attempting to minimise a relevant point. Suites do exist - and many even argue that it's good that Celebrity rewards big spenders - so given that suites offer a much accelerated path, it isn't reasonable to disregard them.

If you actually want the quickest path, Celebrity offers it. Hence the claim is misleading. There's no reason to disregard the quickest option. If you want a cheaper option, then RCL offers it, but nothing presented to show why he claimed that's a weakness. Why is travelling more a weakness in gaining credits in a travel rewards program? Unless the aim is to only reward those who are e.g. big spenders in suites.

Edited by The_Big_M