Booking excursion once in cozumel

imlulu

We arrived in Cozumel and had planned to just shop and have lunch. The problem is my husband and I really aren't big shoppers so Idk what we were thinking. We got bored really quickly. We stopped by the excursion desk and they had two spots open on the semi sub. We ended up having a great time!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

We love Cozumel, we most recently were there in December. We rented a BRAND NEW 2014 jeep wrangler from Alamo for $110 total for the day. We were able to see the island as our leisure. It was wonderful. The price included full coverage insurance.

Where did you stop? Do? Sounds like an option since there are 4 of us.

We drove toward Chankanaab, stopped at the ruins, ate at coconuts restaurant. Took the beach road all the way around the island and came into town from the "back side". We parked near the downtown pier and walked around for a bit, went to Starbucks to gain access to free wifi. Then drove back to carnivals port to return the vehicle. We stopped several times to take pictures. The cool part was, it was to our discretion. It was a great day!

There are always plenty of available options when you arrive so you are not committed to something that might get cancelled due to winds/rain or just bad weather. Prices will always be cheaper than what the cruise lines have to offer plus if you haggle you can bargain down the price.

I'm happy to hear from someone who already rent a jeep! So you had a good experience with Alamo? This is what we want to do in Cozumel so you would recommand us to rent from Alamo? Do you know if it is far from Royal Caribbean port?

Thanks for the info!

We had a great experience with Alamo! The jeep was brand new! It has air conditioning and a radio. (Not that we needed either..) it was so new that it still had plastic over parts of the inside door. The office we rented from is walking distance from carnivals pier. I do not know if there is an office near downtown (royals's pier). If there is an office near there, I'd certainly recommend them.

We had a great experience with Alamo! The jeep was brand new! It has air conditioning and a radio. (Not that we needed either..) it was so new that it still had plastic over parts of the inside door. The office we rented from is walking distance from carnivals pier. I do not know if there is an office near downtown (royals's pier). If there is an office near there, I'd certainly recommend them.

Thanks for the info. I did not know there was different pier and they were far away from each other! This is good to know thanks a lot!

Royal uses International Pier which is just a few minutes walk north of Puerta Maya, the pier usually used by Carnival. Punta Langosta, (downtown) is generally used by other cruise lines.

Yes, thank you for replying with such exact information... I'm so terrible with "proper" names when giving directions... I'm more of a landmark girl... Not ideal, I know. The Alamo office we used was at Puerta Maya, if you call their 800 number they would be able to tell you if there's another location at a different pier. (As well as reserve a car for you!). Hope it works out for you!