Balcony size on Royal Princess

luv-my-kids

It is not fixed. How much soot accumulates depends on the wind pattern.

When it is fixed, there will be plenty of posts about it on Cruise Critic forums.

Exactly. And the aft soot problem is made even worse because of the down draft. I really don't like saying these things, but forewarned is forearmed.

We still had a wonderful cruise but I would never book an aft on the Royal.

I was told by one of the "supervisors" personally, that they were already working on the problem for the Regal. He wasn't sure how long the Royal's soot problem would take. He thought it would be a huge undertaking, at that point.

I was told by one of the "supervisors" personally, that they were already working on the problem for the Regal. He wasn't sure how long the Royal's soot problem would take. He thought it would be a huge undertaking, at that point.

I can't see them fixing the problem on the Royal until they prove the solution works on the Regal. So that means after the Regal inaugural cruise and a few after that.

It is not fixed. How much soot accumulates depends on the wind pattern.

When it is fixed, there will be plenty of posts about it on Cruise Critic forums.

I have no idea about how or when or even IF it will ever be fixed but I'm not sure it will be posted if it happens.

The great majority of passengers have no idea in advance that there is a problem so if they go on a cruise and the balcony is as they expected there's nothing to post.

People don't usually write about things that go as planned - just things that are either way above or below their expectations.

If you read LittleMissMagic's extensively detailed thread (link above in post 46 )about her cruise the balcony was only mentioned in passing.

Edited by chamima