Fantasy misses Freeport

smokester

We were on the Fantasy on the 28th of December and it was very windy and the seas were rough. Still made it into port but it was NOT a nice weather day. All of the ships' snorkeling excursions were cancelled. We were not super disappointed since there were a ton of fun activities on the ship (trivia :) ) so we made the best of it!!!!!

DD is on the 5 day Fantasy cruise now. They missed Freeport today because of rough seas. Not a big deal to her but others maybe :D.

Not much to miss in Freeport. It's very... industrial. Only let down would be if you had a fun excursion planned. I believe we did the dolphin close encounter there last year. That was awesome.

Glad your family is happy with missing Freeport. I really don't understand those who say there is nothing to do there. We are visiting Freeport in May and I have found quite a few things that you can do there. We are planning to go the Grand Lucayan for the day and visit the market that is across the street. I also saw several different water type excursions and horseback riding. I guess if all you want to do in port is get off and wander from the ship that it wouldn't be good for you. Everyone has their opinions of what makes a good port, I am looking forward to some beach time in Freeport.

You can always find something to do in Freeport (not my fave port), but if the weather is bad, I would rather have the extra day at sea. We had a cancelled day at Freeport a few years back due to rough seas and a huge thunderstorm. The captain had us out of it and sailed all day in the sunshine and we loved the extra time at sea.

Glad your family is happy with missing Freeport. I really don't understand those who say there is nothing to do there. We are visiting Freeport in May and I have found quite a few things that you can do there. We are planning to go the Grand Lucayan for the day and visit the market that is across the street. I also saw several different water type excursions and horseback riding. I guess if all you want to do in port is get off and wander from the ship that it wouldn't be good for you. Everyone has their opinions of what makes a good port, I am looking forward to some beach time in Freeport.

Not to be misunderstood, They are just happy to be on-board a ship, relaxing. They have been to Freeport many times and also enjoy visiting Grand Lucayan Beach that was their plan today , the banana boat ride there is one of their (& our) favorite things to do. But if the weather isnt being co-operative, then they are just happy being on a cruise!! :)

Paradise Cove in Freeport is AMAZING

When we got there two guys were pulling up in a small boat from fishing. They caught a huge grouper and made grouper sandwiches which was by far the best fish sandwich I ever had. The snorkeling is great as well on a nice day. Most people who bad mouth Freeport are the ones who are afraid to explore off the beaten path, which are just the people who I avoid for advice :)

Not to be misunderstood, They are just happy to be on-board a ship, relaxing. They have been to Freeport many times and also enjoy visiting Grand Lucayan Beach that was their plan today , the banana boat ride there is one of their (& our) favorite things to do. But if the weather isnt being co-operative, then they are just happy being on a cruise!! :)

I agree that with bad weather the ship is the better place to be. My daughter was on a cruise last week and it was overcast and raining when they were in Key West so they didn't get off there. If you do your research though there are many different opportunities at most ports and I don't book through the cruise line. I always look for something new to do at each port even if it is only spending a short time onshore.

If you have not been to Freeport in the last year you will be surprised at the amount of business now at the port, including Senor Frogs and several other bars...

There are many shops, some great food to be had... Robertson's have great fried lobster AND $2 gallon water.

Edited by bobsfamily