St Thomas Beach?

needabreakcanada

We are on Carnival Valor and a Princess Cruise will also be in port.

That being said, which beach can sustain larger crowds - coki or secret harbor?

So confused, we again, are looking for nice beach, washroom facilities (not port o potty) restaurant and snorkeling.

Which would you recommend and why? (and if you could give taxi times/fees)

Thanks,

I should add correct myself needabreakcanada. For more of a restaurant option SH wins over Coki and is normally not as crowded at Coki. Coki will be busy but there are more rentals available.

Our choice would depend on the day we wanted. We would choose SH for a less busy and crowded vibe with a nicer beach restaurant option, and we would choose Coki if we were looking for a more lively and fun day. But getting to SH early is the key if you go there so you can get a chair.

Sorry if I confused you even more!

If chairs can be an issue then SH is not for us. We don't mind an upbeat vibe - kinda like the all inclusive beaches I suppose. I am out snorkeling most of the time while hubby goes in and out.

Perhaps this will give him something to gawk at while I am looking at the fish!

We don't need to rent anything so that is also not an issue.

Thanks again,

For snorkeling only Sapphire or St. John compares. Crowded, but not terrible. Real bathrooms and several restaurants. For more of an adventure, Coki Dive Club will teach you to scuba off the beach--watching an octopus change color and shape was incredible!

For snorkeling only Sapphire or St. John compares. Crowded, but not terrible. Real bathrooms and several restaurants. For more of an adventure, Coki Dive Club will teach you to scuba off the beach--watching an octopus change color and shape was incredible!

Sapphire has abundant natural shade along the shore but no restrooms.

SH is the optimim choice IF they have umbrellas for the first arrivals. Just e-mail them for that confirmation., and if they do get off the ship and grab a taxi there.

Sapphire has abundant natural shade along the shore but no restrooms.

SH is the optimim choice IF they have umbrellas for the first arrivals. Just e-mail them for that confirmation., and if they do get off the ship and grab a taxi there.

Thanks for the info. Sapphire was our first choice, have been there before and love it, but the closing of the restrooms has us trying to find somewhere new.

We kind of discounted SH because it didn't seem as if the shade is guaranteed. I seriously doubt we will be off the ship early enough. I don't want to get all the way there just to find out we have to choose a new place.

St. John's is out because my in-laws refuse to take a ferry.

I know the snorkeling won't be first rate at Cowpet, I was just hoping to see SOMETHING.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the info. Sapphire was our first choice, have been there before and love it, but the closing of the restrooms has us trying to find somewhere new.

We kind of discounted SH because it didn't seem as if the shade is guaranteed. I seriously doubt we will be off the ship early enough. I don't want to get all the way there just to find out we have to choose a new place.

St. John's is out because my in-laws refuse to take a ferry.

I know the snorkeling won't be first rate at Cowpet, I was just hoping to see SOMETHING.

Thanks for your help.

Try this -

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147404-i172-k6984499-A_snorkelers_review_of_St_Thomas-St_Thomas_U_S_Virgin_Islands.html

I have different opinions on some of the beaches mentioned but this may help with Cowpet.