Dream - Lido balcony or cove balcony???

My6Dogs

Had the same question for our Breeze cruise. At the end of the day we chose Lido. Weighed how much time we are by the Lido activities vs how much we are on our balcony and Lido won out for the convenience.

I dont know first hand, but have read others with Cove experience state that the rooms between the forward and miship elevators are optimal. Any further aft and you run into possible noise from the galley.

Only you can decide for sure but whatever you choose I am sure you will love it.. after all you will be on a cruise!! :D

We had a cove on the Magic and LOVED it. It is so close to the water which we like. I don't like the Lido Balconies on the Breeze, Magic or Dream because you have to look down at the Lanai. So I would go with a cove. We get a Cove every time we go on a Dream class ship.

We had a cove balcony on the Dream 2337, B & SIL had 2341. No noise great location. We all loved them. So close to the water. Had a balcony on the Lido deck of the Splendor, nice balcony but would pick a cove balcony over the lido. IMO. Have a great cruise.

Lido all the way. The only thing a cove balcony does is get you close to the water, sometimes too close if you have to wipe your chairs off every morning. Besides being close to water, there is no reason to have Cove balcony. lido is close to 75% of the action

Have not done cove yet, but highly prefer lido balcony cabin. As others have mentioned, it's close to a lot of the action. I might want to try a cove some day, but I doubt I could convince my wife.

Any opinions on this? We love Lido Deck balcony cabins, but I am kind of looking at a Cove on the Dream...

If we do a Cove, any input as to what would be the best location?

Thanks guys!

Mike

we have done both and we loved the cove ( we burn so not direct sun and still you can see sunrises and sunsets) we were in 2264 on the Breeze far enough back to not get wet and yet great vantage points to see the spray from the bow of the ship we were under the side of the lobby and no real noise issues and again not too far forward to worry about the theatre and not too far back to worry about the noise from the kitchen (it is over the far back rooms) if you are on FB I can send a pic to your there of the cove spray it was fantastic ... let me know if you are on FB and I would be happy to send a pic or two :-)

We had 2288 on the Dream. It was very quiet and mid ship so easy to get around. We have not had a higher balcony, will have a lido on the Liberty in 10 (YEAH!) days. For those who say they've never had a cove but prefer lido, just exactly how can you make that statement?? :confused:

Edited by kona_wahine

Any opinions on this? We love Lido Deck balcony cabins, but I am kind of looking at a Cove on the Dream...

Thanks guys!

Mike

We love our Lido balconies because we are so close to the pools and the buffet. While we have never sailed in a Cove balcony, one couple who were table mates brought us to their cabin. When we walked out onto the Cove balcony, I felt so closed in. The life boats were directly overhead. The sky above was not directly visible. (I did not enjoy looking up at the butt-end of a lifeboat.) The noise of the water was almost deafening. Though I do not suffer from claustrophobia, I could not wait to get off that balcony.

It is a hard decision. You really have to decide where you'll spend most of your time. Do you like to hang out on Lido? If so, are you OK with waiting for elevators to get from Deck 2 to Deck 10 and back again? Do you prefer to spend a lot of time in your cabin? Will you be on the Promenade ( Deck 5) more often?

Lots of info to consider.

Thanks guys!

Mike

I haven't been in a Cove but really was considering it for my cruise in May. I debated back and forth on booking Cove, Spa or Aft Facing. What I did was go to Youtube and search for videos. I found several of the Cove Balconies and after looking at them I decided that they seemed a little too closed in for me and a lot further away from what we like to do on the ship. You could try that to get an idea of what it is like on one. If you do choose one, make sure you are not under the Galley area, the better ones are more forward.

We had 2293 and 2297, adjourning rooms,which had no above noise and a break in the life boats so that our view was less "obstructed". I highly recommend these balconies. It was my own private sanctuary to read my novels. Did not mind the elevator wait and the placement on the ship. Almost perfect for me and the family.

We had been in cove rooms for our last 3 cruises on the Dream and Breeze. For Thanksgiving we sailed on the Liberty and got a Lido balcony since there are no coves. It was just ok. We really prefer the coves. Our lido cabin was VERY loud. There were people walking by talking and yelling all hours of the night and day. Since there are only cabins on the 2nd deck where the coves are, it is so much quieter. It was convenient to be close to the action, but we always stay near the elevators in the coves so its really only the difference of a short elevator ride. Coves are not for everyone, but they are perfect for us.

We had a cove on the Dream and loved it. Get midship if possible.

We're currently booked on the Dream again and chose a Lido cabin. This was due to the price difference only being $50 for the week, and I like being closer to the action. Sure, I expect to hear a little more noise, but that doesn't bother me because we do late night activities anyways. By the time we got to sleep, everybody else will be sleep too.

We had a cove on the Dream and loved it. Get midship if possible.

We're currently booked on the Dream again and chose a Lido cabin. This was due to the price difference only being $50 for the week, and I like being closer to the action. Sure, I expect to hear a little more noise, but that doesn't bother me because we do late night activities anyways. By the time we got to sleep, everybody else will be sleep too.

That's what amazed me on the Liberty. We are night owls for sure. We normally pick our kids up from camp around 2AM and would then go and get pizza and ice cream. It would still be hopping outside our cabin. It truly never stopped. We still had a good cruise, we just didn't get as much sleep as we normally do.LOL