Caribbean in March or Europe in April. Help please

welshfamily

Wondering if anyone on here can help me.

We have been looking for a cruise for just my husband and myself as an extra, (we usually travel with all our family).

We have heard a lot on here about Suites and fancied trying one but have been surprised at the difference in cost between the Caribbean in March on the Silhouette and the infinity the next month from Britain. The first is £1889 for 10days and the second £2616 again for 10 days. Both are S2 suites staring with 16.. Both come with the latest promotion 123go.

We always look at price per night., £189 and £261. Adding flights to the Caribbean would make that cruise slightly more expensive.

Is there usually such a difference between the Caribbean and Europe or is March a bad time to go around the Caribbean? Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I'm no help regarding a cruise specifically, but we've vacationed in the Caribbean area multiple times in March and loved it. The weather is great. You just don't want to be in the Caribbean, in my opinion, during hurricane season, but March is before that starts. The only downside to March that I can see is that it is spring break season and you may end up cruising with more kids.

Wondering if anyone on here can help me.

We have been looking for a cruise for just my husband and myself as an extra, (we usually travel with all our family).

We have heard a lot on here about Suites and fancied trying one but have been surprised at the difference in cost between the Caribbean in March on the Silhouette and the infinity the next month from Britain. The first is £1889 for 10days and the second £2616 again for 10 days. Both are S2 suites staring with 16.. Both come with the latest promotion 123go.

We always look at price per night., £189 and £261. Adding flights to the Caribbean would make that cruise slightly more expensive.

Is there usually such a difference between the Caribbean and Europe or is March a bad time to go around the Caribbean? Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

My vote would be for Silhouette in March, we did a med cruise in April a few years ago and it was quite chilly on a couple of the days and rainy on one. We had a lovely big balcony that we really didn't get to use.

The Caribbean was lovely the year we were there in March, enjoy whatever you decide to do. PS we also much prefer the newer Solstice class ships.

My vote would be for Silhouette in March, we did a med cruise in April a few years ago and it was quite chilly on a couple of the days and rainy on one. We had a lovely big balcony that we really didn't get to use.

The Caribbean was lovely the year we were there in March, enjoy whatever you decide to do. PS we also much prefer the newer Solstice class ships.

Another vote for Caribbean in March. That's probably my favorite month there, always great weather!

Have fun wherever you go!

In my opinion, the Silhouette as an S class ship is a lot nicer than Infinity ---- bigger, newer, more modern, more amenities. Plus, the Caribbean in March is delightful. Personally, that would be my choice, especially if you don't have a lot of experience in that part of the world. The Caribbean cruise will be relaxing, with lovely weather and beautiful scenery. The British Isles cruise will be port intensive, with less time spent enjoying the ship. So the two are quite different vacation experiences to consider.

We've found that Caribbean cruises are always cheaper than Med cruises, and find Celebrity Med cruises particularly expensive.

That aside, if you want nice weather I really wouldn't cruise in Britain in April, if you're from Wales you must know how the weather can be ;) and March is a great time to cruise in the Caribbean

Having said that, if the cruises you are talking about are this year you are comparing 7 nights on Silhouette with 11 nights on Infinity, so the prices aren't really like-for-like.

Edited by Bobal

Any cruise around or put of Britain in April will be chilly and most likely rainy. I did a South of France cruise last year in April and it, too, was very chilly. Loved it, but we were not on it for the weather.

I too would vote for the Caribbean, but there again I am doing the Eclipse 22 march 2014 Caribbean 14 night cruise so I may be biased (join us :D).

You will enjoy the break with warm weather; that is why we like the Caribbean this time of year - gets us away from the cold and rain.

I have sailed the Infinity and love her, just in case you do do the Med.

Please let us all know what you decide.

Cheers, h.