Getting to Miami Port

DCCruiser1013

Hi Everyone. My fiancee and I are going on our honeymoon in July. The first week of our honeymoon will be spent in Orlando going to the parks. The second week will be a cruise on the Carnival Glory out of Miami. We will rent a car from the Orlando airport for during the first week.

Right now the plan is to drive the rental car to Miami the morning of the cruise and drop it off at the Miami airport. From there we will take a cab to the port.

Now here is my question. Is there a better way to get to the port that I overlooked?

Thanks!

I did the exact same thing this past April. We drove down the day before and took a taxi from the car rental place at the airport to our hotel, then a taxi to the port in the morning. It worked well for us. I'd also check out the Florida departures board.

Right now the plan is to drive the rental car to Miami the morning of the cruise and drop it off at the Miami airport. From there we will take a cab to the port.

Now here is my question. Is there a better way to get to the port that I overlooked?

Thanks!

Your rental company should have a free shuttle from the airport drop off to the port. I dropped one off at Alamo at MIA recently around 10 am and their shuttle dropped me off at the appropriate terminal.