Need last minute answers!

shops54

Ex of the Seas on 1-12-14: - 2 DAYS til we leave!!

1. Is there Free use of cell at both St. Thomas and Puerto Rico ports? Does this mean the minute I step off the ship I'm back on my regular Cell phone plan?

2. Is there free or low cost internet anywhere in Samana or St Thomas or San Juan or Labadee - also St John. Specifically by the ports - walkable from ship?

3. Should I just buy the minimum minutes on board and check in once or twice on my IPod?

Just trying to get set up to check in on the kids while We're gone. Only need to check once or twice.

TIA!!

Cell phone rates depend on your carrier. Both AT&T and Verizon consider Puerto Rico the same as mainland US. AT&T also considers St. Thomas the same as the mainland, but Verizon does not. If you have a different carrier, check with them.

As mentioned, my experience with AT&T is free in those ports. For internet I usually find a Senior Frogs or something similar that offers free wifi. Personally, I never even miss not using my cell. Its a welcomed break. But I understand why some need to keep in touch.

Sprint also has free use in San Juan and St. Thomas. Just call your carrier to make sure. My son had Verizon and he thought because we had service in St. Thomas, he did too, and was surprised to get a bill over $200 when he returned home. :eek: He did have service in San Juan though. They did reduce his bill when he got it after he explained the situation, but only by about half. They wouldn't have to have done that. The next time he cruised with us to St. Thomas, he used my cell to make his calls. :p

Gwen :)