anyone else having problems booking Princess shore excursions ?

missbsmom

I have been trying to book my shore excursions for my Alaska cruise over the pass 4-5 days and have not been able to. I can get to the excursions through my cruise personalizer but when I click on the port it says that their is a error and if it continues contact Princess at 1 (800) princess. I did that 2 days ago and the agent said they were working on it. Yesterday afternoon it was working for awhile but by evening it wasn't. This morning it is still not working !!!!! Anyone experiencing this ? Anyone else talk to Princess and been told anything ?

I've been having the same problem off and on for the past few weeks. It's hit or miss -- sometimes I can get to the page to book excursions by port, sometimes I can see the ports on the front itinerary page but the green link to click and purchase isn't there, sometimes it just says 'there's been an error processing your request, please call Princess'. Mine are in Alaska too so not sure if that's the problem, or it's system wide.

Luckily I've had my excursions booked for awhile, but I like to go check periodically to see if something new has been added. Really frustrating though! I wish they would get it fixed.

Edited by Paula_MacFan
Add thought

Thanks everyone for your responses. I use Internet Explorer and since so many others are having the same problems I don't think it's them. I guess I will keep trying.

We are doing a cruistetour in August. Interesting when I have gotten on a number of the land portion tours were available, now they say "not available" but others say "sold out". Wonder what the difference means ?

I have had problems when using Google Chrome. When I switch to explorer and log in it has worked fine. I usually use Chrome so I often try with it first, run into the problem then remember to use Chrome and log back in and have it work.

I have had this very same problem several time over the last 2 weeks but found a work around that seems to fix it when ever I run into the issue.

If you are using CHROME, open a new incognito window. This will force a clean cache and should let you log in. You will have to reenter your userid and password but access to the Excursion Reservations came up every time.

For IE I found going to TOOL and then Delete browsing history to include Temp Internet files, Cookies, history and form data. Shutdown IE and then relaunch the http://www.princess.com website.

Hope this helps!

:D

I have had this very same problem several time over the last 2 weeks but found a work around that seems to fix it when ever I run into the issue.

If you are using CHROME, open a new incognito window. This will force a clean cache and should let you log in. You will have to reenter your userid and password but access to the Excursion Reservations came up every time.

For IE I found going to TOOL and then Delete browsing history to include Temp Internet files, Cookies, history and form data. Shutdown IE and then relaunch the www.princess.com website.

Hope this helps!

It didn't work for me, but I probably did something wrong. I can't even view the excursions to contact and book by phone.:(

Thanks for the posting in any case. I'll keep plugging at it.

I have been trying to book my shore excursions for my Alaska cruise over the pass 4-5 days and have not been able to. I can get to the excursions through my cruise personalizer but when I click on the port it says that their is a error and if it continues contact Princess at 1 (800) princess. I did that 2 days ago and the agent said they were working on it. Yesterday afternoon it was working for awhile but by evening it wasn't. This morning it is still not working !!!!! Anyone experiencing this ? Anyone else talk to Princess and been told anything ?

Trouble 50% of the time.

john

...If you are using CHROME, open a new incognito window. This will force a clean cache and should let you log in. You will have to reenter your userid and password but access to the Excursion Reservations came up every time.

The Chrome "incognito" window did not solve the problem for me. Given that there was only one port for which I was unable to book via Cruise Personalizer, and I knew which excursion I wanted to book at that port, it really was not worth wasting more time on the internet. A 5-minute call to Princess for a "manual" ShoreEx booking solved the problem. Interestingly, the "manual" booking showed up immediately on the ShoreEx booking summary on the Princess website.

John