Can I get a free cabin upgrade with the current promotion?

rocketlegs

Usually its for new booking only and I've noticed that not all categories get upgrades~ it seems to be one or 2 categories per stateroom category that is chosen by NCL that gets one~ like on your cruise only interiors (2) and oceanviews (2) get upgrades

I noticed that there's a promotion to book now and get a free cabin upgrade. Well I already paid for my cruise and have a stateroom number. Can I call into NCL and ask for the upgrade? 50% chance of upgrade or less?

This is really the type of question that your travel agent is being paid to answer. Why not ask them?

My travel agent is lastminutecruises.com.

Who is being paid a commission to take care of your booking and answer questions relating to it. If you would have asked them, you'd already have the answer....

just sayin'

You book an interior cabin and get upgraded to an ocean view. But from what I have heard and I'm not sure if this is correct, you have to book the highest interior and you move up to the lowest ocean view.

Can someone please verify this for me.

Are you before the payment cutoff date (usually 90 days before sail date?)

If so, and an upgrade is being offered from your specific category of cabin to the next category, then yes. Alternately, if a two-level upgrade is being offered and yours is getting skipped over, you can also change your booking into the lower class in order to get upgraded to the better class.

TO find out if your cabin class is eligible, you can go on NCL.com, act like you're booking a new cruise, and see exactly which cabins are offering upgrades to exactly which other cabins.

If you are eligible, the easiest way to make the change, so long as you booked through NCL, is to call NCL and ask. However, you booked with a third party, so I think you'll have to ask them instead.

This also might be more difficult in your case b/c you booked a guarantee.

Cruisecritic was faster. I haven't heard back from them so I posted here.

So, if we tell you "yes" you would still have to call your travel agent to get it done.

Or, if we tell you "no" it would only be smart of you to call your travel agent just to make sure we were right and not giving you incorrect informaton.

Either way you have to call your travel agent...NO WAY is it faster to come to Cruise Critic first. That is why the Travel Agent is paid, and CC is free.

We are booked on the Getaway for the end of March. We received an email from our travel agent saying that NCL had upgraded us from an inside cabin to an oceanview. It was on the same floor, but a much better location. We have four cabins in our group, and all four were upgraded.

Karen