Choosing a Cruise Cabin: Port or Starboard?

happycrafter207

Hello all

My boyfriend and I are cruising on the Carnival Paradise on Feb 22 2014 to celebrate his success treatment of cancer. I am trying to decide if the better view for an oceanview cabin would be port or starboard in ports of Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

any suggestions would be great

Hello all

My boyfriend and I are cruising on the Carnival Paradise on Feb 22 2014 to celebrate his success treatment of cancer. I am trying to decide if the better view for an oceanview cabin would be port or starboard in ports of Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

any suggestions would be great

Grand Cayman is a tender port , no good side . Cozumel it depends a lot on how the ship is docked . Not every docking is the same side every time.

I agree. I Cayman the ship will be facing straight into the island, so either side should give you a partial view, but not that great.

Cozumel, again, neither side is better or worse, You'll be able to see land out both sides, but nothing to write home about. I wouldn't worry about which side you are on for these two ports.

When looking out, do you prefer to watch water move from right to left .... or left to right?

In port there is a very good chance that when you look out, you'll be looking into a cabin of the ship next to you. (keep this in mind if you have an early arrival and sleep late ... close the drapes or you may find folks across the way watching you!)

Edited by Capt_BJ

First and most importantly, CONGRATS to your boyfriend. Cancer sucks! 'nuff said.

In Cayman there is a slight prevalence for ENE winds. As such the starboard side tends to provide more of a view of shore and the harbour. Port side might have a bit of a view of the northern end of Seven Mile Beach.

Of course the day you visit the winds may be ESE and the above advice would be reversed. :rolleyes:

thanks!

Sounds like there wont be a big difference either way which is good. He hasn't been to Cozumel so we are excited to go and I want to make sure he can see as much of the sights as possible. He has only been one cruise so he is pretty new to the whole cruise buisness