Flight time question

Smilie

I'm sailing on Coral Princess in July, southbound, and I have been trying to figure out my airfare home (Vancouver to Pittsburgh). There is a flight I would love to be able to book, leaving at 12:30. I have called Princess and they said 11 or 12 for the earliest flight, depending on if it's international or not, so I think it's OK. My question is, if it's an Air Canada flight going to Toronto first, then Pittsburgh, don't I wait and do immigration at the Toronto airport? The Princess rep seemed to think the 12:30 flight would be OK, and I would plan on getting a taxi from the pier to the airport. The ship arrives at Vancouver at 7:30 AM. I don't travel much internationally,and I have never been to Vancouver, so I could use some opinions on this. The next flight is at 10 PM. After 2 weeks in Alaska I'm pretty certain we won't have much of a desire to take a tour of Vancouver, even though I'm sure it's lovely. But am I taking too big of a chance to try to make a 12:30 flight. Is there a trick to getting off the boat quickly? I can run fast.....

IMHO renting a car at the Vancouver airport and driving to Seattle (about $130 and 152 miles) to catch a Southwest Airlines flight would save you about 40% for each passenger ticket.

If you are arriving mid-week, there is a rental car counter at the Vancouver Canada Place cruise terminal.

No immigration issues driving across the border with a US passport in a rental car.

Edited by Crew News