Carnival MasterCard holders who booked recently?

Aelsantokie

There is a promotion for Carnival MasterCard holders who book a cruise recently may be eligible for onboard credit. My husband and I are not eligible (I was told by a carnival rep that this is a lottery system). Anybody here actually got any OBC through this promotion?

I'm a little crestfallen to be told I'm ineligible :(

There is a promotion for Carnival MasterCard holders who book a cruise recently may be eligible for onboard credit. My husband and I are not eligible (I was told by a carnival rep that this is a lottery system). Anybody here actually got any OBC through this promotion?

Lottery system? I booked a cruise today using Carnival MasterCard. How do I get details on the OBC?

I got the same promotion. Did you log on to carnival.com/privatemastercard and enter your booking number and information? I got an email back saying to "hang tight, we are verifying your booking information."

Here are the terms and conditions from the website:

Terms and Conditions

MasterCard® and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.

This offer is eligible only to the VIFP Club member named in the mailing. Offer is non-transferable.

To be eligible to receive the Carnival® Gift Card offer, you must use your MasterCard card to purchase your cruise between December 28, 2013 and February 28, 2014. Earn one $50 Carnival Gift Card per eligible booking. To qualify, you must register your booking by filling out and submitting the form at www.carnival.com/privatemastercard. The form must be submitted by March 1, 2014. Upon registration through this URL, if eligible you will receive your Carnival Gift Card within 7-10 business days at the email address that you provide. This offer has no cash value. Limit one Carnival Gift Card per booking. Offer is applicable on select sailings between 3/1/14 — 8/31/14. Valid on new bookings only. Offer is valid for Past Guests with a valid/qualifying VIFP Club number. Eligible VIFP Club member must be booked in the cabin to qualify. Gift cards are redeemable at participating Carnival Cruise Lines® ships, except onboard those sailings operating in a non-USD functional currency onboard, for passenger travel to pay for ticket purchases and as deposit to an onboard account. Carnival reserves the right to withdraw and/or change the offer at any time without prior notice.

Maximum number of bookings allowed per VIFP Club member under this promotion is five (5).

• 2 weeks later...

Grrrr - We are Platinum members on Carnival, have sailed on the Ecstasy in October and the Breeze in December and placed a deposit for a cruise in November (all on the Carnival Mastercard) and are not eligible for this promotion. This is our primary credit card and provide the company with plenty of business throughout the year. I wonder what their criteria for selection is????

I hope that someone at the Carnival Mastercard home office happens to read this thread. What might have started out as a good idea may quickly devolve into a headache if more loyal cardholders find out about it.

Never find - went on the website and read the small print . . . .

The promotion is only for cruises between 3/1/14 and 8/31/14. Consequently my cruise in November doesn't qualify. :mad:

Saves me a phone call to the credit card company later this morning :D