Norwegian Sky Help...First Time

firstcruisebuzz

Hi There...I just placed a deposit to go with our 3 kids on the Norwegian Sky. Husband is 50/50 on canceling...could you give me your honest opinion?

I booked the cruise because it works Easter Weekend and the kids do not have to take off school. My husband gets seasick in a rocking chair and vowed that he will never take a cruise. I got him to agree since it our daughters 16th birthday and he can fly home from Nassau if he needs to . I booked a midship 9th floor with balcony. How will he do? Is there a better location?

Also, we would like to use all the waterpark at Atlantis. It looks like under the excursions, it is very expensive and perhaps booking a night at the Atlantis is less expensive? If we did this, would we find a taxi for 5 to take us there easy enough?

The last day of the cruise, if I am only able to get a later flight, how long are you able to stay on the ship before they kick you off?

How is the ship for young families?

Any help is appreciated since we have only paid the deposit. Thanks so much!

Edited by firstcruisebuzz

Also, we would like to use all the waterpark at Atlantis. It looks like under the excursions, it is very expensive and perhaps booking a night at the Atlantis is less expensive? If we did this, would we find a taxi for 5 to take us there easy enough?

!

Nevermind about booking a room at the Atlantis (and Comfort Suites)...with a family of 5 it is much cheaper to do the excursion through the shop

I've been on the Sky 3 times and love it. I have a review in my signature.

I have never been to Atlantis, it might be great but it's crazy expensive. There are plenty of other excursions, tours, or things to see in port that are much less expensive. Check out the port board for more on that.

I think the last round of people are off the board by 10am? You can sit at the airport for hours if you need to. I've done it.

I have no idea about flying home form Nassau, someone else will have to address that.

For seasickness get some over the counter meds before you come. If your husband is that bad he may want to get advice from his doctor.

Bottom line....I love the Sky and would sail her again in a heart beat. It's a great ship and my teen also loved it the time she got to go.

The transfer is quick and painless but the watermark doesn't open till I believe 10am. We were there well before it

Opened. They provided regular buses from a specific place all afternoon back to the port. I believe the last one was 3 or so since we left at 5pm. This was last year. Our only gripe was that there were 5 ships in Nassau plus the hotels guests.. By noon the place was packed which did limit the flexibility on riding everything as the day went on due to crowds...

Hi There...I just placed a deposit to go with our 3 kids on the Norwegian Sky. Husband is 50/50 on canceling...could you give me your honest opinion?

I booked the cruise because it works Easter Weekend and the kids do not have to take off school. My husband gets seasick in a rocking chair and vowed that he will never take a cruise. I got him to agree since it our daughters 16th birthday and he can fly home from Nassau if he needs to . I booked a midship 9th floor with balcony. How will he do? Is there a better location?

The last day of the cruise, if I am only able to get a later flight, how long are you able to stay on the ship before they kick you off?

How is the ship for young families?

Any help is appreciated since we have only paid the deposit. Thanks so much!

We've been on the Sky twice, reviews and flickr link in my signature if you care to look. My family (with teeens) had a great time. We can't speak to Atlantis but would expect at that time of year it may be really crowded as stated. As for seasickness, DW is definitely prone to this and didn't feel a thing. Of course there is always some motion but unless there is a storm brewing it should be fine (and it helps that the Sky does not have any sea days so you are only underway at night).

The transfer is quick and painless but the watermark doesn't open till I believe 10am. We were there well before it

Opened. They provided regular buses from a specific place all afternoon back to the port. I believe the last one was 3 or so since we left at 5pm. This was last year. Our only gripe was that there were 5 ships in Nassau plus the hotels guests.. By noon the place was packed which did limit the flexibility on riding everything as the day went on due to crowds...

Do you think you got your moneys worth? We will be there Easter Sunday so I am sure it will be busy. Also, would you recommend taking a cab? It seems that would be a little fruitless since things do not open until 10:00 anyway. Would it give more time if we took a cab back to the ship? It is so expensive, although I think the kids would love it, mom and dad would love it if we were able to get our moneys worth. The only good thing about getting there early is saving chairs. Did you find at least you were able to save chairs. We have been to the Atlantis before and the place is a zoo but I really think our age kids would love it.

We've been on the Sky twice, reviews and flickr link in my signature if you care to look. My family (with teeens) had a great time. We can't speak to Atlantis but would expect at that time of year it may be really crowded as stated. As for seasickness, DW is definitely prone to this and didn't feel a thing. Of course there is always some motion but unless there is a storm brewing it should be fine (and it helps that the Sky does not have any sea days so you are only underway at night).

True! I didn't think of that! We are only traveling at night...good point. What do you think of our room location?

True! I didn't think of that! We are only traveling at night...good point. What do you think of our room location?

I think mid-ship deck 9 is a good location. We were on deck 7 forward the first time and deck 10 mid-ship the second time and the second time we definitely felt less motion.

The Sky is a great boat for a weekend getaway. I have no idea about the kids club, but I will tell you it is very small.

I think if you're going you need to do Atlantis. It is so much fun. The kids will love it. IMO it's worth the ridiculous cost.

I've never sailed on the Sky. Just wanted to comment that my family spent a week at Atlantis, and in my opinion, the price of that excursion is definitely not worth it. Even half the cost wouldn't be worth it, in my opinion. On the date your cruise will be there (Easter), there will be 5 ships in port, all with Atlantis excursions. The resort itself will likely be near capacity that weekend. It will be so crowded that there might not be opportunities to do everything you want. If it were me, I'd opt for a non-Atlantis excursion.

The Sky travels at a slow speed since the Bahamas are just off the coast of Florida. So it probably has the least rocking of any ship. Since it is a short cruise, it is the ideal "test the waters" cruise for someone.

I did the Atlantis resort on the Sky and glad I did. Yes it is expensive but everyone must try those waterslides at least once. Other ships like Epic or Getaway only get a half day at Atlantis. Sky has a full day to spend in the park.

My mom has horrible sea sickness, on the sky she didn't feel any movement you are barely moving I think 12 to 23 knots was our underway speed. We watched ships pass us overnight. We were in a forward suite on deck 8.

Atlantis was great, we booked a room at the comfort suites that included access to the Atlantis water park for five of us, less expensive than the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the cost for Atlantis is even more than I thought because my 2 kids are adults...so it is almost $800.00. Not worth it...

yes I could call Comfort Suites and ask them if they would wristband 5 instead of the 4 that is allowed in the room, but assuming that doesn't work, I was thinking of this if is will work...

I buy 1 kids excursion through the cruiseship, have all 5 of us taxi to Comfort suites where I booked a room and get our 4 wristbands form them...meet the group from the cruiseship arriving at Atlantis to get the child wristband...

Will that work logistically and if it it will work?

The other question is, will the hotel give us the wristbands even though check into the room isn't until 3:00...am I better off in booking the day before (we will not be there to check in though).

Thanks so much!

Edited by firstcruisebuzz

I've never sailed on the Sky. Just wanted to comment that my family spent a week at Atlantis, and in my opinion, the price of that excursion is definitely not worth it. Even half the cost wouldn't be worth it, in my opinion. On the date your cruise will be there (Easter), there will be 5 ships in port, all with Atlantis excursions. The resort itself will likely be near capacity that weekend. It will be so crowded that there might not be opportunities to do everything you want. If it were me, I'd opt for a non-Atlantis excursion.

Thanks! I did look at the ships at port and your are correct, there are 4 others...but I looked at their itinerary and 1 is leaving at 7 am, one is leaving at 3 and the other at 2....sooo, that leaves the Majesty of the Seas and Sky. It will still be busy without a doubt. Thanks for mentioning that so I could look it up!