New HAL cabin picture/review site: what do you want it to be?

sppunk

Somehow I missed this thread, but I haven't been on the board all that much.

Thank you to all those who are taking the time to construct this new site! I know it requires a lot of work and dedication, and it is really a labor of love.

I echo another poster in saying that it's important to collect info on the HC cabins. Sometimes there is misinformation on the main board as to whether there is a tub, how the space is configured, etc. - so pictures can tell 1,000 words.

I did have some of an HC suite on Nieum Amsterdam, but I think I deleted them :(

I will look through my photos and see what I have.

A big thank you for this website!

I found my photos of the HC accessible suite - 7057 - on Nieuw Amsterdam and sent them along.

It is a good idea to note that this stateroom is accessible, thus the smaller sink area and ramped balcony.

The photos I sent were mostly of the accessible features, as there had been some misinformation posted on this board by someone regarding the cabin.

I know that people who book guarantees and get assigned to a HC cabin are not always pleased with the bathroom configuration and smaller sink area. :(

I found my photos of the HC accessible suite - 7057 - on Nieuw Amsterdam and sent them along.

It is a good idea to note that this stateroom is accessible, thus the smaller sink area and ramped balcony.

The photos I sent were mostly of the accessible features, as there had been some misinformation posted on this board by someone regarding the cabin.

I know that people who book guarantees and get assigned to a HC cabin are not always pleased with the bathroom configuration and smaller sink area. :(

We were ones who booked a guarantee and ended up with the HA cabin on the Eurodam. My DM loves her bathtub so was disappointed once we found out where we were placed. She did like the bench, though. But what really got her goat was the reduction in the closets. We worked it out, using the nightstand drawers for some clothing. I personally loved the walk in shower! Not having to step over that high sided tub was wonderful. Large bathroom, large balcony, one less closet. I'll take the bathroom and the balcony over the closet any day (and so will DM)!!!

Looks like the pictures are really piling up quickly! I suppose a lot of people are more prepared than when Joanie started her site. At that time I only had one picture to send, and it's so bad that I didn't even send it to you guys! :)

Looks like the pictures are really piling up quickly! I suppose a lot of people are more prepared than when Joanie started her site. At that time I only had one picture to send, and it's so bad that I didn't even send it to you guys! :)

The site had to be started fresh and I think people understand and appreciate it. I am so impressed with my partners in crime.

May I take this opportunity to appreciate all the support we are getting and the huge help from the community. This site will only be as good as the pictures and input that we get. We are very lucky to have the skills of sspunk and Richwmn :D They are very talented individuals and we are very lucky to have them devoting their skills to this new website.

Thank you all - we're going as fast as we can (I am slower than them - sorry:o but I'm getting there). Please keep the pictures coming - better to have work waiting any day. Just give us time and they will be there:D

Thanks everyone - we really appreciate it.

We were ones who booked a guarantee and ended up with the HA cabin on the Eurodam. My DM loves her bathtub so was disappointed once we found out where we were placed. She did like the bench, though. But what really got her goat was the reduction in the closets. We worked it out, using the nightstand drawers for some clothing. I personally loved the walk in shower! Not having to step over that high sided tub was wonderful. Large bathroom, large balcony, one less closet. I'll take the bathroom and the balcony over the closet any day (and so will DM)!!!

What category were you in? Sounds like maybe a VA?

People who end up in HC cabins in the SY or suite level are usually unhappy because there are no double sinks and the tub is not jetted.

The SY accessible rooms - on Vista ships have about the same size balcony as a VA, and they are all the way forward, as are the VA accessible rooms. I would rather save my money and book the VA in that case.

What category were you in? Sounds like maybe a VA?

People who end up in HC cabins in the SY or suite level are usually unhappy because there are no double sinks and the tub is not jetted.

The SY accessible rooms - on Vista ships have about the same size balcony as a VA, and they are all the way forward, as are the VA accessible rooms. I would rather save my money and book the VA in that case.

At this time, the cabin is a VD. I think it changes to a VA in March when HAL changes many cabin categories.

The site had to be started fresh and I think people understand and appreciate it. I am so impressed with my partners in crime.

May I take this opportunity to appreciate all the support we are getting and the huge help from the community. This site will only be as good as the pictures and input that we get. We are very lucky to have the skills of sspunk and Richwmn :D They are very talented individuals and we are very lucky to have them devoting their skills to this new website.

Thank you all - we're going as fast as we can (I am slower than them - sorry:o but I'm getting there). Please keep the pictures coming - better to have work waiting any day. Just give us time and they will be there:D

Thanks everyone - we really appreciate it.

And, we really appreciate what you three are doing! Thank you very much!!

Sent my photos of Noordam 6074 along with comments on 8086, actually both cabins the same except 8086 is connecting and you loose a closet.

Hope you got them... Linda

thank you Linda - they are there indeed :D

Much appreciated. Once we get them published we try to make sure we let the kind donors know. Really appreciate the support. Thanks:D

Will we ever get seating charts for Lower Dining Rooms? I was so excited when you said dining room charts were up, but they were all Upper Dining Room charts. Those of us in open seating would also like that info for making reservations.

Will we ever get seating charts for Lower Dining Rooms? I was so excited when you said dining room charts were up, but they were all Upper Dining Room charts. Those of us in open seating would also like that info for making reservations.

While the link on the page says Upper Dining room plan, when I checked the few I looked at, if you scroll down the page, there were Lower plans there, also.

While the link on the page says Upper Dining room plan, when I checked the few I looked at, if you scroll down the page, there were Lower plans there, also.

I can check to make sure that the lower dining room plans are there (except the Prinsendam of course which only has one level:D) and change the title if you like to make it clearer:D

All of the "Class" pages have been updated to show "Dining Room" rather than "Upper Dining Room". Each pdf shows both levels, each on a page.

Sorry, I guess I should have changed that earlier. My thought was that most people wanted to use the chart for traditional seating, so the title was ok.

Rich

I really like the site...it's clean, uncluttered, and easy to find what you're looking for.

Unfortunately, I do think the lack of "sticky-ness" is going to make it hard for new cruisers to find the site down the road.:( I know the reason I found the old site and chose an aft-corner was because of the sticky.

I really like the site...it's clean, uncluttered, and easy to find what you're looking for.

Unfortunately, I do think the lack of "sticky-ness" is going to make it hard for new cruisers to find the site down the road.:( I know the reason I found the old site and chose an aft-corner was because of the sticky.

It has been suggested to me by the moderator that I can bump the thread by posting updates. We will do so while we can.

While I wish it could be a sticky I understand the concern, however, it makes you question why the other stickies are there - to me (I know, I'm prejudiced) this is the most beneficial post for HAL cruisers at large.

If I may, it's been a pleasure to work with sspunk and richwmn - they are very devoted to this endeavour and wonderful gentlemen.

I feel very lucky to be involved with them.

The Halfacts website is certainly a go-to-site for me. You filled an unfortunate gap in information as soon as the need arose.

The volunteer effort is impressive and in my mind, just as valuable to me as comments on the CC forums. That got me thinking about your site and it's relation to: those that cruise, those that want to cruise and the CC forum. I can't determine if your website is advertised anywhere other than on the CC forums but I suspect not. With such a strong connection, I don't understand the refusal to create either an announcement or a sticky advertising your web site. Also, (forgetting the volunteer work) I trust that you are out-of-pocket for the cost of the website. So that begs the question: assuming you would still volunteer the effort needed to create the site, why isn't the web site hosted by CC itself?

The Halfacts website is certainly a go-to-site for me. You filled an unfortunate gap in information as soon as the need arose.

The volunteer effort is impressive and in my mind, just as valuable to me as comments on the CC forums. That got me thinking about your site and it's relation to: those that cruise, those that want to cruise and the CC forum. I can't determine if your website is advertised anywhere other than on the CC forums but I suspect not. With such a strong connection, I don't understand the refusal to create either an announcement or a sticky advertising your web site. Also, (forgetting the volunteer work) I trust that you are out-of-pocket for the cost of the website. So that begs the question: assuming you would still volunteer the effort needed to create the site, why isn't the web site hosted by CC itself?

To answer some of your questions, I am the one who is "out of pocket" for this website. From my standpoint it is not much and is pretty much hidden in some of my other work so it is not a big deal.

As far as advertising the site, from previous experience I know that users of this site are not limited to CC. While the 3 of us (AFAIK) have not advertised it outside CC, without a doubt the other similar sites know about it now, or will shortly. Many members here, including myself, are members of at least one other cruise forum and some post reqularly (I don't). In checking the logs for previous information I found direct links from many places, not the least of which was google.

As to why the site isn't hosted by CC - they haven't made an effort and if they did would most likely have to do it for all lines. I don't think it would be worth their time.

Rich

There's a broken link for cabin 8147 - Zuiderdam (link points to halfact//s.com)

Adding my vote for being able to see the basic category of cabin (Inside, OV, V, NS) without having to open the link.

Thanks so much for doing this.

I really appreciate this site and will send in my pics after the cruise. But I think it would be much more useful if the cabin category were included. I went on the site to try to find a picture of a standard inside Vista cabin and found it difficult to look at the deck plans and the lists simultaneously to find one. Maybe there is an easier way, but including the category with the room number would be very helpful