MS Westerdam Sail-Away-Jan. 11,2014

aliaschief

Wow, I hope those passengers appreciated what is being done for them. Mind you, HAL might very well have booked them on that flight, as they usually book "day of" if you opt for the cruise air - an awful risk to take.

Not these; they were identified by the port agent as "independents"

[quote name='0bnxshs']Well, back now. Not so fun time for a bicyclist who was hit by a motorcycle on our corner about 50 mins. ago though, so been out watching that.... :([/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Oh no! Hope they are OK.:([/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='startwin'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Oh no! Hope they are OK.:([/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Motorcyclist is ok, bicyclist not so ok. Transported via ambulance, but not under lights and siren, but heard there are broken bones and possible internal injuries. Bicyclist will be cited.....

[quote name='lka1012']Like I said the other day, if circumstances forced me (I always fly in early) me to have to cut it that close, my first stop once I made it on ship and cleared all I had to clear would be the nearest bar.[/QUOTE]

Think mine would be Broward General!!:eek:

[quote name='lka1012']Like I said the other day, if circumstances forced me (I always fly in early) me to have to cut it that close, my first stop once I made it on ship and cleared all I had to clear would be the nearest bar.[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]
I'd be looking for a defibrillator.:D[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='the2ofus']Just curious.....does it cost the captain $$$ to hold the ship to wait? If not, then it seems the better decision to wait for pax who will spend $$$ once onboard.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]There are several other factors involved in that decision[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='startwin'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Which ship was that for? wheelchairs and walkers so going to a hotel instead.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]Wasn't WEDM or Celebrity Eclipse[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Wow! I gambled that Westie would be leaving a bit late, and I think I made it back in time. DH wanted to go into town to pick up some printing, and, as it's pouring, I said I would go too, in case we couldn't find a parking space, I'd go around the block. I'm glad we did it then and got it over with.

What an adventure people have, who don't get into town at least a day ahead of a cruise! And it sound like there are still taxis to arrive! Edited by Vict0riann

[quote name='Copper10-8'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=Navy]There are several other factors involved in that decision[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Weather, time to destination, fuel consumed, personnel overtime at pier, that kind of thing? I forgot the issue of who gets which berth at next port. Edited by the2ofus
Added

[quote name='the2ofus']Weather, time to destination, fuel consumed, personnel overtime at pier, that kind of thing?[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]Yes, plus the pilot is already onboard; he can't spent an unlimited time on that ship; his piot boat is tied up while he's onboard[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Copper10-8'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=Navy]Wasn't WEDM or Celebrity Eclipse[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]What?!! I thought it was only HAL that the elderly and infirm cruise on.:rolleyes::cool:[/SIZE][/FONT]