OBC and Dining Credit

Flybear

Greetings all.

Sailing 29March, on Reflection. When we booked, our travel agent was able to match an online TA's offer of $190obc by giving us $100obc and $90 dining credit. He said they wait to post it to the account until after final payment has been made, which we did last week......

Does anyone know how long this takes to appear in our reservation, and also, where would I find it?

I'm just a little reluctant to leave it to chance...... I'm much more comfortable when it something I can see on paper! (and carrying a copy of it!!!)

So far, the only thing I see in our reservation is the 123 bev pkg, which we'll be upgrading soon.

Any wisdom and guidance is most certainly welcome!

Thanks

I have never had OBC from a TA show on my reservation on X's web site.

It normally shows up on your on board account on the 2nd or 3rd day of the cruise. I would take a copy of your reservation/invoice from your TA that shows the credit with you just in case.

Have not received dining credit so can't help you there.

We were on Summit last Oct and had OBC from our TA, OBC from Amex and a free dinner for two in a specialty restaurant from Amex. None of this was shown on Celebrity's website. The TA OBC was shown on the invoice from the TA (we brought a copy) and our TA gave us a reference number related to the AMEX credits.

However when we arrived in our suite, there were two cards....one for the TA OBC and one for the AMEX credits. It showed up on our account within a day.

Credits given by a TA will never show up on the Celebrity confirmation. Only OBCs given by Celebrity will show up there. Your credits from the TA will appear on your account on the 2nd or 3rd day of the cruise. You can check with Guest a Services when you board, they will know if you have a credit from your TA

We paid with the Amex Platinum card, but did not book through an Amex TA. The dinner credit showed up on our account as OBC which we used to go to a specialty restaurant. In truth the credit was less than the cost of the restaurant ($70 credit, but $90 cost).....we didn't care about the small difference.

We booked directly with Celebrity. We noticed a promotion from another site, and Celebrity matched it.

It took me about 12 calls and following up to get it posted to our account.

The trick was, you had to wait till the final payment and my final call they were able to add it to my booking and its on my confirmation.

If its from your travel agent, it will show up and I know on CCL they sent a note to your room on the day of sailing to let you know that it was posted to your account. Or just go down to the Desk and have them look at your account.

Good luck!

Can I ask, is this because you booked with an Amex card or through an amex TA - trying to find out how to get the dinner credits

Tiggertastic.... I booked through my travel agent, after looking at an online warehouse travel website. They were offering a $190 obc. My travel agent said they could match that in the form of a $100 obc and a $90 dining credit. Since we plan on using the specialty restaurants, this was an acceptable match for us.

My travel agent said that they don't put these credits thru until after final payment is received, for obvious reasons, but I made our final payment last week.

I am just the type that is more comfortable having a printed document, from the Cruise Line, showing the amounts in the event of any discrepancy once onboard. I'm borderline fanatical about having all my little ducks in a row!

(I need a vacation to relax..... my vacation is making me stressed: ARGH!) LOL

Tiggertastic.... I booked through my travel agent, after looking at an online warehouse travel website. They were offering a $190 obc. My travel agent said they could match that in the form of a $100 obc and a $90 dining credit. Since we plan on using the specialty restaurants, this was an acceptable match for us.

My travel agent said that they don't put these credits thru until after final payment is received, for obvious reasons, but I made our final payment last week.

I am just the type that is more comfortable having a printed document, from the Cruise Line, showing the amounts in the event of any discrepancy once onboard. I'm borderline fanatical about having all my little ducks in a row!

I know exactly what you are talking about, although it seems to improve as I become more proficient at prices and working the system. But I have felt your pain!:eek:

Edited by Lastdance

We had the exact situation on the Eclipse last month. A card was in our room saying we we entitled to a credit for a specialty restaurant but it didn't indicate how much. When nothing showed up on our statement after three days, I inquired at customer relations where I was told it was part of a larger OBC which had showed up. Fortunately, I had with me the TA invoice which clearly showed the OBC plus the specialty restaurant amount. The purser gave me the $70 credit but said he would check with HQ. A week later he called to say X had no record of the amount but he would honor the credit anyway. The bottom line is to be sure your $90 is separate and distinct from any other credits and absolutely have your TA's invoice with you. Some TAs use the specialty restaurant as an inducement, but it appears there is a big time disconnect with it.