What is the Elite lounge?

Ronnie1a

There is an Elite/Suite/Platinum lounge on each ship-may not be the same bar/loung on each one. They are open 5pm-7pm with very nice complimentary appetizers and a feature appetizer each night-jumbo shrimp one night,steak tartar another,fresh guacamole another. They also have sliced cheese,crackers,veggies and dip and marinated olive. There is a drink special each night-premium brands for $5.

You should get a list in your stateroom saying where it's located and what the featured appetizer and drink special each night of the cruise.

Did this as a first time Platinum recently and loved it.

This is perk for Platinum and I understand full suite residents as well. There should be an invitation in your cabin with a menu of what they will have for the week. The location does vary from ship to ship. It could be Skywalkers, the Explorer's Lounge etc.

This is perk for Platinum and I understand full suite residents as well. There should be an invitation in your cabin with a menu of what they will have for the week. The location does vary from ship to ship. It could be Skywalkers, the Explorer's Lounge etc.

It started out as a perk for Elites only but I guess there wasn't enough interest, as Princess expanded the eligibility. On the first two cruises we were on after this started, there was a sign before entering Skywalkers and someone there to check your card for eligibility with them turning you away if you couldn't show a black card. The bar was practically empty each time. The next time, we noticed that only part of Skywalkers was blocked off and there was no one checking. Still not many people. Once platinum and suites were included, it became more popular and is now a fun place to meet people. My only complaint is that the prices have gone much higher since it started.

It started out as a perk for Elites only but I guess there wasn't enough interest, as Princess expanded the eligibility.

Suites were included from the beginning.

Sometimes there is so much paper when you embark that the card with the information gets overlooked on the bed or desk.

Sometimes there is so much paper when you embark that the card with the information gets overlooked on the bed or desk.

I agree, it was suites and elites at the beginning.

Mike:)

Can I take my husband and our 2 travelling companions in with me if I am the only one with eligibility in our group.

Jenny - Cruising out of sunny Tauranga, NZ

Your husband, definitely. Your friends - depends on whether or not they check when you walk in. Sometimes they do; other times not.

There is an Elite/Suite/Platinum lounge on each ship-may not be the same bar/loung on each one. They are open 5pm-7pm with very nice complimentary appetizers and a feature appetizer each night-jumbo shrimp one night,steak tartar another,fresh guacamole another. They also have sliced cheese,crackers,veggies and dip and marinated olive. There is a drink special each night-premium brands for $5.

You should get a list in your stateroom saying where it's located and what the featured appetizer and drink special each night of the cruise.

Did this as a first time Platinum recently and loved it.

So, the appetizers are free, but you have to pay for your drinks?

Your husband, definitely. Your friends - depends on whether or not they check when you walk in. Sometimes they do; other times not.

But if buying the drink of the day, it will need to be on your card to get the reduced price.

I think they meant Ruby and not Rube. The event has been held in the Explorer Lounge and in Skywalker's as I remember. Food is free and drinks are at your expense. Sometimes we go and sometimes we do not. Never had them check however.

I agree, it was suites and elites at the beginning.

Mike:)

That's funny that you both commented on this. I did know that suites were included from the beginning but since I couldn't verify it nor can I always trust my memory, I deleted the "and full suites" from my first sentence rather than take a chance on giving out bad information.

I think they meant Ruby and not Rube. The event has been held in the Explorer Lounge and in Skywalker's as I remember. Food is free and drinks are at your expense. Sometimes we go and sometimes we do not. Never had them check however.

Never in Explorer's; always Skywalkers. We've been on the Ruby 7 times, last Dec. 22 - 26 and getting on again tomorrow.

Edited by Pia1913

I've gone and now tend not to now. Been there when there were 10 passengers using it and have been there when there were probably close to 300. Couldn't move in the place or get close to the bar. Don't know what it is about the night they serve shrimp but it has always seemed to be the busiest.

Is it a nightly thing like on Royal Caribbean?

Sometimes it is pre-empted by a Captain's Circle or Most Traveled party.

This is noted on the card in the cabin listing the featured appetizer and drink for each night.

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

Sometimes it is pre-empted by a Captain's Circle or Most Traveled party.

This is noted on the card in the cabin listing the featured appetizer and drink for each night.

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

Looks like Royal Caribbean does a better job. Free appetizers and drinks from 5-8:30 daily.