Which side of the boat?

jaylev0720

I am a first time cruiser and am looking for suggestions. I am going to be booking a cruise on the Glory for my honeymoon. Which side of the boat is better, odd or even? It will be on the first floor in the front of the ship. Thanks for the input. I will be asking a lot of questions in the coming months. :)

I am a first time cruiser and am looking for suggestions. I am going to be booking a cruise on the Glory for my honeymoon. Which side of the boat is better, odd or even? It will be on the first floor in the front of the ship. Thanks for the input. I will be asking a lot of questions in the coming months. :)

could you define what 'better' means to you? one persons better is another persons 'bad'

I guess I'm just looking for tips on what side people prefer. Either way I'm sure I will enjoy whatever side we are on.

I like port side, not sure why though? It may be because my first ever cruise cabin was port?

I always look at Port cabins first when booking but have also stayed Starboard cabins.

I think it doesnt really matter unless you want to face a specific port of call while docked?

What you miss on the way out you get on the way back anyway:D

It is funny, when we just got our cabin assignment for up coming cruise it is in the starboard side. All 8 cruises, 7 with carnival, 1 with NCL have all been starboard side. Some we chose, others were assigned. Do not have a real preference, just has worked out that way.

I chose the even or odd depending on the cruise. Going to Hawaii we always take the left side facing forward . That is the side that gets on the sun going to Hawaii and a fair amount returning to LA or SFO. In the Caribbean it doesn't matter which side. We have had both but prefer the Port side.

I started on starboard, then to port, then to starboard, then to port, get the picture? It doesn't matter which side you are on, you just dont want to be above the disco.:) Next cruise will be on starboard, and hopefully next cruise will be an aft balcony. See the world from a different view.

For me it would depend on (1) having a window or balcony, and (2) the route of the cruise. We had a starboard balcony, midships mid-height, for our recent Panama (florida to LAX) cruise, which put us on the "land-side" whenever it was visible coming up the Mexican/Pacific coast. I was glad of it!

Within the ship, I have no preference only what is under and over my cabin!

I am assuming that you have a balcony. I normally book a port side unless our route is going to take us by islands or other things that we want to see (Med cruise this was important). More important to us is that we have cabins above and below us and are not near any lounges/clubs or the galley or crew areas that will be noisy.

I once read that lefties favor port side while righties favor the starboard side. I'm a lefty an I do favor the port side so there may be some truth in that observation.

Well I am left handed and I tend to pick the left side of everything. Dh doesn't pay attention to those type of things, although I just told him last week this is how I pick cabins he just said I was weird have a great honeymoon

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

I once read that lefties favor port side while righties favor the starboard side. I'm a lefty an I do favor the port side so there may be some truth in that observation.

This lefthander doesnt care one way or the other. Important thing is we are on a cruise.

We've always done port side (even side.) We love seeing the port from our balcony. :) My husband usually heads back early and waves to us from the balcony as we are returning. But our favorite thing to do is watch from our balcony as the pier runners try to catch the ship before it leaves. :p I've gotten some beautiful pictures of the ports we visited from our port side balcony. On our last cruise we got our first starboard side cabin and really disliked it. Every time we pulled into port our balcony was facing open ocean which is what we see most of the time as we are sailing. We prefer to be able to see the beautiful port city we are visiting. Many cruisers will tell you that port side doesn't always face the port but after 10 cruises port side has almost always faced the port in our experiences. We discussed this at length with a senior crew member that told us they always try to have port side face the port. If they don't they get too many complaints from cruisers that expect their port side cabins to be facing port side. Hope this helps. :)

I am assuming that you have a balcony. I normally book a port side unless our route is going to take us by islands or other things that we want to see (Med cruise this was important). More important to us is that we have cabins above and below us and are not near any lounges/clubs or the galley or crew areas that will be noisy.

The Riviera Deck doesn't have balconies. The OP didn't even say if it was an Ocean View or an inside.

The thing to remember is that the ships don't always dock the same way. Some times they drive straight in, sometimes they back in and in certain ports, they anchor offshore. With that in mind, it doesn't really matter which side. Both are great.

Edited by RWolver672