Refrigerator

jbomb316

Our last cruise was on RCL and the frig was horrible. It was warm first of all and had spring loaded mini bar that the cabin steward said if anything was moved we would be charged for. My wife being diabetic keeps her insulin in the frig but it just wasn't worth it on this trip as it felt warmer than the room.

We will be sailing on the Pride this summer and was wondering if they have the mini bars in the frig as well?

You can ask the steward to remove the mini bar items if you would prefer an empty fridge. That's what we have always done

They would not remove the mini bar items on RC, I thought they did on Carnival on our last cruise especially in the kids rooms.

These mini-bars or "refrigerators" on the ships are really cooler box by design. The better ones used in the hotel often can freeze ice cubes in a tray (seen one lately, not me) with a temperature range of 4C to 8C (39 F to 46F) - if it's adjustable. Some might cool all the way down to 0 degree C or 32 F, but very unlikely. Most of them probably are rated for 8C to 12C, or 46F to 54F - which is sufficiently chill or cool enough for soda, beer & juices - and, really not safe for milk products except for very short duration as they will spoil quickly. Meat, poultry & fish, etc. that require refrigeration should be kept no higher than 2 to 4 degree C, or 34 degree to 39 degree as a matter of food safety.

With special needs like medication/insulin, etc. - contact the ship/line's special needs ahead of sailing with your request and reconfirm upon pier check-in and/or at the reception desk upon boarding.

Asking for a nightly fill of an insulated/stainless steel ice bucket & kept inside the cooler box would also help keep things as cool as possible - with other mini-bar contents removed by the steward.

Our last cruise was on RCL and the frig was horrible. It was warm first of all and had spring loaded mini bar that the cabin steward said if anything was moved we would be charged for. My wife being diabetic keeps her insulin in the frig but it just wasn't worth it on this trip as it felt warmer than the room.

We will be sailing on the Pride this summer and was wondering if they have the mini bars in the frig as well?

They would not remove the mini bar items on RC, I thought they did on Carnival on our last cruise especially in the kids rooms.

This is absolutely unacceptable :(. If true, I'll never be sailing with RC :eek:! I've never been on a cruise where the mini bar item's couldn't be removed and replaced at the end of the cruise, and I don't really "need" thing's removed, as you do for medical reasons.

Then, again, if I really needed meds COLD, I'd ask for a cooler and ice every day!

This is absolutely unacceptable :(. If true, I'll never be sailing with RC :eek:! I've never been on a cruise where the mini bar item's couldn't be removed and replaced at the end of the cruise, and I don't really "need" thing's removed, as you do for medical reasons.

Then, again, if I really needed meds COLD, I'd ask for a cooler and ice every day!

It was on the Explorer OS last March out of NJ. We were told they could not remove the items which left no room for anything else. My wife used a small cooler bag with ice for her insulin.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Just off the Dream. There was a fridge in our oceanview cabin, but did not work very well. The steward was willing to remove items for us. Sometimes they do that and just put them on the shelves in the cabin, cutting down on other storage. This time, they were removed from our cabin.

I brought a small cooler on, and filled it with ice myself daily.