New Drink Packages Rule

I've not heard of a 20 minute rule for alcoholic beverages on Royal. I believe another poster was talking about a different cruise line.

As far as time between drinks...August of last year I sat down at the bar, ordered a shot, downed it, ordered a shot, downed it, ordered a drink, nursed it. Five minutes?

here we go again..

In all fairness, I said "flame away". I don't feel too bad. Last 7 day cruise we pre-paid my pop package and our on board expenditures was under $90 and that included a tux cleaning and press with two shirts. This time we just happened to have a lot of OBC and to break even on the cash we spent for the drink package for this 8 day cruise I have to drink 3 drinks per day. So I don't feel like I am cheating RCI based on the price they are charging and the amount that will actually be drank.

In all fairness, I said "flame away". I don't feel too bad. Last 7 day cruise we pre-paid my pop package and our on board expenditures was under $90 and that included a tux cleaning and press with two shirts. This time we just happened to have a lot of OBC and to break even on the cash we spent for the drink package for this 8 day cruise I have to drink 3 drinks per day. So I don't feel like I am cheating RCI based on the price they are charging and the amount that will actually be drank.

You can "feel" however you like. It is stealing and your justifying by saying they charge too much doesnt change the facts. You agreed to pay an amount and agreed it was for you not to share. I'm sure there are thieves at all levels that can live with themselves too.

To everyone who is putting in their two cents about sharing a package...

If you don't like it, then don't do it. You are not going to change the minds of anyone on here to not do it. Everyone has different opinions about what's right and wrong to them and I'm sure you're not a perfect person so back off, no one cares! :D

Sent from my SM-N900T using Forums mobile app

Heard second hand that last weekend Voyager of the Seas 3 night cruise to nowhere that they stopped selling the drink packages in the last week after Royal realised it is not valid on 3 nights cruises.

Apparently 5 is the minimum number of nights.

I thought the drinks packages were available on the short cruises out of Florida.

Heard second hand that last weekend Voyager of the Seas 3 night cruise to nowhere that they stopped selling the drink packages in the last week after Royal realised it is not valid on 3 nights cruises.

Apparently 5 is the minimum number of nights.

I thought the drinks packages were available on the short cruises out of Florida.

Four nights is the minimum according to Royal's FAQ document.

Simple answer the bar staff will do their best to monitor. You would be surprised at how good they are and how polite they will be in letting you know.

Bar staff and wait staff. On our last cruise I had the package DW didn't. During the sail away we were together with friends I had finished my drink set the glass aside took pictures of DW and friends. She took the camera to take our picture I held her drink that she had paid for with her sea pass card. After the picture I gave the drink back and when the bar back passed by I ask for a drink and was refused unless they charged me since I just gave my DW my drink.

I was going to battle but just walked the 40' to the bar and ordered one there.

We received free drink packages for our last two cruises on Celebrity (includes one for 2015). Both people in the stateroom get the package so there is no sharing problem. Celebrity runs this special a few times a year and is running it right now. Worth $880 on a 10 night cruise.

To everyone who is putting in their two cents about sharing a package...

If you don't like it, then don't do it. You are not going to change the minds of anyone on here to not do it. Everyone has different opinions about what's right and wrong to them and I'm sure you're not a perfect person so back off, no one cares! :D

Dang, I was thinking of getting a drink package for myself but 'share' with the bf. I would go to a bar, get myself a drink and then go to another with my card to get him one.

Clearly you have an agenda. You want us to back off because you're one of the scammers. We care because such behavior causes higher prices (perhaps) and all sorts of rules and scrutinity (definitely.)

And I'm not perfect but if I said something like "I will smoke on my balcony" or "I will cut you in line if you're slow" or "I'll save a chair by the pool for 4 hours" I would get called out for it.

It's not a huge deal but it is annoying. And it's sad if as you say no one will change their minds when they learn they are hurting others. But one can hope, right?

We just sailed on the Liberty last week. We purchased 2 of the select packages (my son and husband) and 1 premium package (for myself). Total cost for 5 days, $675. This was the first time we've sailed since the packages have become available. Although I came no where near breaking even on the cost of my package, the convience was really nice. I also tried many drinks that I would not have tried without the package. Some were good, some were not. I found the pours on this cruise to be extra strong. As far as there being a 20 minute rule, I never experienced it. Several times I would order a drink, decide I didn't like it and then order a different drink minutes later. Sometimes at the same bar, sometimes at a different one, but I was never questioned. I do know they pay attention though as my son told me that the bartender joked with him that he needed to slow down a bit as he had ordered an X number of drinks a few hours after getting on the 1st day. I was surprised that all the drinks I ordered were included without any additional charge, with the exception of a coffee drink. I had to order a latte, pay for it and then walk to a bar and request Kahlua. Each day I ordered 3 or 4 bottles of water, which was convenient. I was a little disappointed that it was a generic brand instead of Evian, but it was ok. If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

Clearly you have an agenda. You want us to back off because you're one of the scammers. We care because such behavior causes higher prices (perhaps) and all sorts of rules and scrutinity (definitely.)

And I'm not perfect but if I said something like "I will smoke on my balcony" or "I will cut you in line if you're slow" or "I'll save a chair by the pool for 4 hours" I would get called out for it.

It's not a huge deal but it is annoying. And it's sad if as you say no one will change their minds when they learn they are hurting others. But one can hope, right?

Am I supposed to care? Yes that was my 'agenda' before I read the comments hence why I said dang I WANTED to. And you're right it is annoying that people have such a stick up their butts about the most dumbest thing. This is a vacation, RELAX . If you want to smoke on your balcony, you wouldn't hear anything from me. Heck, come to my balcony and smoke one. But why are you so concerned with what people think. Unless someone that works for these cruise lines says something to you, you don't have to listen to anyone.

We just sailed on the Liberty last week. We purchased 2 of the select packages (my son and husband) and 1 premium package (for myself). Total cost for 5 days, $675.

Each day I ordered 3 or 4 bottles of water, which was convenient. I was a little disappointed that it was a generic brand instead of Evian, but it was ok. If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

What do you mean, 'ordered water'? Tks

Am I supposed to care? Yes that was my 'agenda' before I read the comments hence why I said dang I WANTED to. And you're right it is annoying that people have such a stick up their butts about the most dumbest thing. This is a vacation, RELAX . If you want to smoke on your balcony, you wouldn't hear anything from me. Heck, come to my balcony and smoke one. But why are you so concerned with what people think. Unless someone that works for these cruise lines says something to you, you don't have to listen to anyone.

I guess he point of the previous poster who commented to you was that your ability to do whatever you want stops when it infringes on others. So when you do something against the rules and it impacts on others of course they will call you out on it. That includes smoking on the balcony, hogging pool chars and stealing drinks.

As a fan of drinks packages (just one less thing to worry about once paid) the posts so far are forgetting that the material costs of the drinks are tiny compared to what we pay. So what if you share the odd drink. Not saying it's right but a can of beer costs the cruise line about 50 cents, a liter of spirit around $8 etc. If you have the package and pass on a few drinks it's not going to be share price affecting.

As has been mentioned, all that counts is that on-board spend, when drinks packages are available at a price people will pay, is greater than without. If the rules (i.e. CCL all adults in cabin) or range (Celebrity include coffees and juices) are not attractive then the take-up will be lower. If that's what the cruise lines want then fine but I'm sure they know their business, their P&L and their customers better than we do.

What do you mean, 'ordered water'? Tks

I'm sorry if this was confusing. I went to the bar on average 3 or 4 times a day and got a bottle of water instead of a drink. I just made this comment since water is included in the package I had.