Review of new RCI Drinks package out of Aust

Hi All, can anyone help me with what they charged for the drink packages on Radiance. Thanks

Hi there.. Prices the same on all RCCL ships.. Ie.. Rhapsody, radiance, voyager

Doesn't matter.

Royal replenish package - $20 per day

Classic package -$45

Premium --$55

Ultimate - $65

Remember this is US dollars. We got ours online when the dollar was good, others left it bit later and got online and paid bit more and the people that got it when onboard paid the most as their conversion rate onboard is a shocker, so try and get online before hand. Also, remember that these prices are inclusive of their 15%, so nothing else will be added on, whereas when you buy drinks onboard (if you don't have a package) each drink you get will have 15% added to it. Fiona.

Edited by tassie cruiser

Hi there.. Prices the same on all RCCL ships.. Ie.. Rhapsody, radiance, voyager

Doesn't matter.

Royal replenish package - $20

Classic package -$45

Premium --$55

Ultimate - $65

Remember this is US dollars. We got ours online when the dollar was good, others left it bit later and got online and paid bit more and the people that got it when onboard paid the most as their conversion rate onboard is a shocker, so try and get online before hand. Also, remember that these prices are inclusive of their 15%, so nothing else will be added on, whereas when you buy drinks onboard (if you don't have a package) each drink you get will have 15% added to it. Fiona.

I think that RCI build the 15% in for Aust cruises, do you just pay menu price, which, unsurprisingly is about 15% higher than the US menu price

I think that RCI build the 15% in for Aust cruises, do you just pay menu price, which, unsurprisingly is about 15% higher than the US menu price

That's right.

As the package prices are tips inclusive normally, they don't need to be adjusted in price.

Sorry if I gave the wrong information. I was sure that the 15% is added onto the price of the drinks (if you don't have a package). Just like the spa area, I know that for a fact as I used the spa area and whatever the prices were on the list, when you get your docket it clearly has 15% added on top of and I thought that that was with the drinks as well.. That's why the drink packages were better..

My bad. :). Fiona

Sorry if I gave the wrong information. I was sure that the 15% is added onto the price of the drinks (if you don't have a package). Just like the spa area, I know that for a fact as I used the spa area and whatever the prices were on the list, when you get your docket it clearly has 15% added on top of and I thought that that was with the drinks as well.. That's why the drink packages were better..

Yes, you are right Fiona.

If you don't have a drinks package and you buy a drink 15% is added on to the menu price.

Deidre.:)

Yes, you are right Fiona.

If you don't have a drinks package and you buy a drink 15% is added on to the menu price.

Deidre.:)

For cruises departing from Australia, the menu price is the price you pay. The 15% is included, regardless of having the package or not.

After thinking more, I even think the the receipt says that the price includes the 15% and it has an extra line for extra gratuity.

Edited by keagle

This was copy and pasted from another thread re the package.

Make sure you do the math correctly if you are trying to add up drinks to see if the package is worth it. We decided what drinks we would probably have and realised that we hadn't added the 15% gratuity on the individual drinks. So the price went up and it seemed like the package was a good deal. Yes, I know that there is tax on the package but I had already figured it in.

Part of that statement is wrong as there's no tax on the package. There is the gratuity, but that's already included in the price advertised.

If sailing outside Australia e.g. the US, there will be a 15% gratuity on individual drinks added to the price. If sailing in Australian waters, the price is inclusive.

It's not hard to spend $13-14 on a reasonable glass of vino so may mean only 4 required to break even! What I hadn't factored in though we're non alcoholic drinks. Once you throw in a few bottles of water, some diet coke, the odd virgin drink when you'd prefer not to be drinking alcohol, along with a few later nights, it's not hard to cover the cost (and you will be very sociable) Do check out booking online rather than onboard as cost saving may be significant if the xrate is still favourable.

Bottles of water are no longer included in the aus premium package we are on radiance right now and when you board there is a letter in your cabin which states what is and what is not included in your package.specialty coffees bottled or canned sodas and bottled water and the mini bar are not included

Bottles of water are no longer included in the aus premium package we are on radiance right now and when you board there is a letter in your cabin which states what is and what is not included in your package.specialty coffees bottled or canned sodas and bottled water and the mini bar are not included

Its disappointing the specialty coffees are not included.

The website still says bottled water is included. This is what comes up when I click on the link from my purchase page...

ImageUploadedByForums1391242396.995015.jpg.92567962c87d1e52edddce7c7fa1ebba.jpg

EVIAN isn't included, but other bottled water certainly should be. If they tell me it's not included I will be kicking up a stink...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Its disappointing the specialty coffees are not included.

Which is extremely disappointing as the bottled water was an added extra for me, and the coffee for the wife.

Hate the way that they can change things on the fly like that. People must have been getting more of those things than they thought.

Always that little clause in all their T&C's that allow them to do this sort of cr&p.

Bottled water & coffee/tea is included in the Ultimate Package @ $65 per day.

"Pay one set price and enjoy nearly our entire selection of liquors, beers and wines, plus non-alcoholic beverages.†

Includes: Call and premium cocktails, frozen drinks, beers, premium wines by the glass (up to $12 value), premium coffee, premium tea, bottled water (sparkling and still, fresh squeezed orange juice, non-alcoholic cocktails, fountain sodas with the Coca Cola® souvenir cup."

I think you are right re spa but drinks definitely build in the 15%. This quote is correct (see #3) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1924103&highlight=are+gratuities+included+in+rci+drink+prices

• 1 month later...

We are travelling VOS next week and are deciding on which drink package. At this stage we are looking at the Select package. Can anyone tell us what types / brands of beers are available with this package? Thanks for any info. Deidre:)

Edited by Deedon11

• 1 month later...

so glad to read that all inclusive drinks packages can now be purchased by just 1 member in each room.

my DH loves his beer and the occasional scotch or cocktail, where as for me.. I would be pushed to have 2-3 alcoholic drinks total on a cruise and usually that's only if we are celebrating something .. so buying for both would not have been worth it ..

we have just returned from a carnival cruise ( ex Sydney ) and my DH averaged around $85 - 90 per day on alcohol alone ( they do not have alcohol packages available ) .. but I did purchase the unlimited softdrinks package and added the occasional specialty coffee purchase ( 3.95 - 4.25each )

Also .. most cruiselines sailing in Australian waters have now acknowledged that Aussies don't like tipping, and thus have raised their prices accordingly .. so on paper you aren't tipping .. but in theory you still are .. its just less Hassel if its all inclusive ..

the last RCCL voyager cruise we did ( asia ) DH didn't purchase a drinks package .. and I don't recall if there actually was one back then .. so yes .. tips were added to every drink .. having said that .. the bar service staff were very attentive as they knew that the tips were boosting their income.. the more you drank, the more they made .. it seemed to make for more drinking / more drunks .. (my husband being one of them on a number of nights .. hmmmmm!!

we are now looking at a radiance cruise early next year, so these packages may be a cost saver for us!

• 4 months later...

I've just checked the Cruise Planner and the Premium Package is being offered for about $A58 per day for our NY cruise. Given the cost in $US is about $56 under new pricing, that's a great exchange rate (us0.96 vs current official rate of us0.875). The same thing happened last year and the rate got worse as the cruise date got closer. Those who waited and bought on board were given a terrible rate.

I guess this is RCIs way of generating some advance cash flow by encouraging cruisers to buy (and pay) early. Seems worth while though as the alternative use of funds is approx 5% pa in the mortgage offset account, so approx 1% cost to fund now and save potentially 10+% over buying later.