Royal Princess Dock at St Maarten

crewzr

I will be on the Royal Princess in less than a month (2/9) and one of the ports of call is St Maarten. I am trying to plan out excursions and plot things on a map, but I am having trouble finding information about where the Royal will dock. The only information I have found says “Dock of St Maarten”, but that doesn’t help me much.

Does anyone out there know specifically where the Royal usually docks in St Maarten (bay/city)?

• 2 months later...

Just joined this site - travelling on Royal Princess to St. Thomas/St. Maartin with my husband on April 13 - we do not want to do the shore excursions from the ship because we only want to go to the beach and shopping area.

Can anyone tell us the best beach, closest to the docks in these locations - I researched St. Thomas and they have 2 docks - so would appreciate beaches in each locale as I do not know where they dock and I have a feeling that information is not available from the cruise lines.

How much would a taxi cost to the beach? Would also like to go to Mountaintop in St. Thomas - anyone know how much that would cost in a taxi.

thanks.

Just joined this site - travelling on Royal Princess to St. Thomas/St. Maartin with my husband on April 13 - we do not want to do the shore excursions from the ship because we only want to go to the beach and shopping area.

Can anyone tell us the best beach, closest to the docks in these locations - I researched St. Thomas and they have 2 docks - so would appreciate beaches in each locale as I do not know where they dock and I have a feeling that information is not available from the cruise lines.

How much would a taxi cost to the beach? Would also like to go to Mountaintop in St. Thomas - anyone know how much that would cost in a taxi.

thanks.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Check out the roll call for your upcoming cruise!

There are lots of people on the roll call that you can talk with and get info on tours.

Here it is......

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1765474

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Can anyone tell us the best beach, closest to the docks in these locations

I was just in St. Maarten. All the ships dock in the same area. There were 6 ships in port on our day! The beach closest to the dock (right in front of the town of Philipsburg) isn't supposed to be the best beach, but it looked fine.

After you walk off the ship, there is a small shopping area and, to the left, is the water taxi dock. Costs $7 for an all day round trip pass. The water taxi goes across the bay and lets you off in town. The beach is right there too.

If you want to go to other beaches, you'll need to take a taxi.

thanks.

Welcome fellow Floridian. The best way to learn about others St. Maarten or other destinations is to go to the Ports of Call section in the Forums and look under the Caribbean section for St. Maarten block.