Thinking of canceling...saw You tube clips of the "parties" on Norwegian Sky

firstcruisebuzz

lol well on the Sky there isn't an adult sun deck or the quest game so no videos of those on the sky. Sorry to disappoint, lol.

Seriously the Sky is great. Someone buy me a ticket and I'll be right there.

They had Quest both times we were on the Sky (with Matt Baker as CD).

The OP didn't say anything about feeling forced to participate in the party. The post suggested that the videos of the White Hot party and the embarkation party that she watched showed few kids and a "party boat feel". It had nothing do do with whether or not she could just skip the parties. The OP was trying to get a feel for whether or not that behavior was going to be prevalent throughout the cruise. Some responders inferred things that weren't implied.

Cruises and atmosphere all depends on how long a cruise is.

We've been told by the hotel directors - the long the cruise, the older the crowd (in general). Or first cruise was a 10 days and the average age was 68. (Just 17 people over the age of 21)

Our second cruiser was 7 days and the average age was I think was 50.

I would think that short cruises (being most affordable) would have more of a party feel, because it's a shorter getaway.

But like some have mentioned, those videos are going to show the fun party feel. We've never been to a white hot party, no real need or want to go.

I would suggest a longer trip then a 4 day, in my opinion they seem to be more relaxed.

The OP didn't say anything about feeling forced to participate in the party. The post suggested that the videos of the White Hot party and the embarkation party that she watched showed few kids and a "party boat feel". It had nothing do do with whether or not she could just skip the parties. The OP was trying to get a feel for whether or not that behavior was going to be prevalent throughout the cruise. Some responders inferred things that weren't implied.

Thank you!! Your summary of what I am trying to say is accurate...spot on! It was the atmosphere I am trying to get a feel for, not whether or not we would be made to participate. Although everyones idea of "atmosphere" is very subjective..

None of the YouTube clips that I watched were outrageous, I did not mean to insinuate that, it was just not my vision of a first time as a family cruise experience. But I also know not to rely on Youtube to make any decisions as most people are not going to post calm family time.

I appreciate all the postings though!

Edited by firstcruisebuzz

Should be able to have a nice family vacation without any problems but keep in mind:

- 3 night cruise that is Friday, Saturday, Sunday

- NCL, calls the 3 night Sky “The biggest happy hour in Miami”

- Spring break time

- Young professional / working party crowd (Mid 20s-early 30s) can leave work Friday, and be back at work on Monday

My point, just be prepared

O No, not a party on a cruise ship, you don't have to go to the party. There is other stuff to do while that is going on. Don't panic but there might also be topless woman suntanning on the upper decks in the adult areas. OMG I know topless woman

Really?? And you need to leave your gun at home as well?? Where will this end..!!

I am not directing this directly to the OP but there are people that do get offended at dancing and think it is dirty in some way. I am not sure how anyone can view a sail away party with music and dancing as bad. It is simply people enjoying their vacation. But if vacationing with thousands of people is not a good time then please don't cruise because you will be miserable.

My 2 Sky cruises were old fuddy duddy types and even the crew mentioned they had not seen so many old people on board before. There was an old age home that booked lots of cabins. Good for them! It made the ship very quiet at night which was ok since we sort of ended our wild days several years ago ;)

You are going to find a "party" atmosphere on most cruise lines if you mean people having some drinks and dancing, especially on the shorter itineraries. Easy enough to avoid if it's not your cup of tea (and you would probably want to steer clear of Quest;)).

Ditto

O No, not a party on a cruise ship, you don't have to go to the party. There is other stuff to do while that is going on. Don't panic but there might also be topless woman suntanning on the upper decks in the adult areas. OMG I know topless woman

The only problem I have with topless women suntanning is that most of the ones I have seen......I wish I had not :D