What to do with bikes?

jules71

Going out on a short cruise from FLL while spending a couple weeks in Florida. We plan to park at Park n Go, but have our bikes on a carrier. Anyone done this? Is it safe? Will they even let us leave them?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Are you checking into an area hotel after the cruise? If so you should ask if they can store the bikes for you for those few days before you check in. If not, you should rent a storage locker. I assume by 'carrier' you mean a simple rack strapped to the back of the trunk, not anything enclosed. Leave the bikes that way at any long-term parking lot and you will never see them again. And I hope you will be taking them inside overnight wherever you are staying--if those bikes have never been exposed to the salt air down here they will pick up quite a bit of rust if you don't at least have a plastic cover for them.

Edited by fishywood

Absolutely no way I'd leave them on your car. I'd make a deal with the hotel you are staying at the night before you cruise. Consider the cost of the bikes and what you can offer the hotels to lock them up for you. Even there, there isn't a guarantee they'll be there when you return. Breaking them down and getting them into your trunk would be the best security.

Ok I get it! We really aren't totally naive, but I was just hoping since we were in vacationland, the car park might have some accommodation for bikes. Thanks for your suggestions. I will check with hotel or take them apart.

Take off the seats and the pedals.

Use two chains to lock up the wheels to the frame to the carrier.

I've locked my bike and trailer in the north port parking garage for a seven day

Princess cruise.

Its a cannonadle hybrid.

The guy at the xray machine looked at me funny when he saw bike pedals and a seat.

Edited by fireofficer5

Going out on a short cruise from FLL while spending a couple weeks in Florida. We plan to park at Park n Go, but have our bikes on a carrier. Anyone done this? Is it safe? Will they even let us leave them?

LOL...

Park n Go leaves the keys in the cars and the doors open. Not sure if it's the whole time or only on the day when you get back.

I had my kids portable dvd players in the headrests and they were still there when we got back. The lot is pretty secure. Put a nice thick chain through the bike and the carrier just to keep honest people away. Call Park n Go just to make sure you can leave the bikes on. I would personally leave them on the carrier....