Canada itinerary choice

barcrab

We are debating between 2 cruises with somewhat different ports. Any advice would be appreciated.

1) Boston, BarHarbor, Saint John, Lunenburg, Magdalen Island, Havre Saint-Pierre, Baie-Comeau, Quebec City

2) Boston, Bar Harbor, Halifax, Charlottetown, Gaspe, Baie-Comeau, Saguenay,

Quebec City, debarcation port Montreal.

The first in the last 10 days in September and the 2nd is the first 10 days in Ocotober. Any advice on leaves turning and weather would also be appreciated!

We are debating between 2 cruises with somewhat different ports. Any advice would be appreciated.

1) Boston, BarHarbor, Saint John, Lunenburg, Magdalen Island, Havre Saint-Pierre, Baie-Comeau, Quebec City

The first in the last 10 days in September and the 2nd is the first 10 days in Ocotober. Any advice on leaves turning and weather would also be appreciated!

I would chose the first one. The weather is usually better in Sept. If not for the weather I would take the second because Montreal is easier to fly than Quebec City.

I would pick the second. The ports are slightly better ( Lunenburg can be visited from Halifax ) and visiting the Saguenay is a plus. I am unsure of the colors in the area so will defer to those that live in Quebec. In my area the best colors are right in that time frame though.

Good luck. You will enjoy either choice.

What cruiseline are these cruises with? They are both very interesting.

There are advantages to both. The itinerary for the first is more interesting and unusual. You can always go to Montreal, Halifax and Charlottetown, but you may not drive to Bair Comeau or Havre-Saint-Pierre. I have yet to be to either. I have been to all the other places.

The Magdaline Islands are remote and interesting with some great little restaurants and shops. I hope you take a bus tour around. It is miles of sandy beaches.

Halifax is a good cruise stop, but staying in Lunenburg would be special.

The leaves will be better for the second, but still may not be at their peak.

As for weather there is no predicting. Bring layers including hat and gloves and a waterproof jacket.

Edited by maryann ns

• 3 weeks later...

I'd go with your 2nd choice because the itinerary is better. Weather in the Atlantic provinces can be unpredictable. It is not usually cold in September so a sweater or light jacket would do if you even needed them.

Edited by BlondeNSgirl

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We just booked a cruise for Oct 19, 2015 out of Quebec City to FT Lauderdale, how cold is it generally. We will be flying in from Calif.

We did that same cruise in 2009. It was white out conditions (snow) in Quebec and missed our next port due to weather. Be prepared for anything.