Hot breakfast delivered?

jasbo49

I think I read here that you can get scrambled eggs and other hot food delivered to your stateroom. Is this the case? If so, is it via room service or ordering off the MDR breakfast menu? I haven't been able to find a room service menu online, so I'm just kind of wondering what's available in the way of hot food, particularly at breakfast time.

Example: Say I want scrambled eggs, bacon, some kind of breakfast potatoes and a pot of coffee. Is that doable? Thanks in advance.

Jim

I think I read here that you can get scrambled eggs and other hot food delivered to your stateroom. Is this the case? If so, is it via room service or ordering off the MDR breakfast menu? I haven't been able to find a room service menu online, so I'm just kind of wondering what's available in the way of hot food, particularly at breakfast time.

Example: Say I want scrambled eggs, bacon, some kind of breakfast potatoes and a pot of coffee. Is that doable? Thanks in advance.Jim

These items are on the standard room service menu. Others have reported writing in special requests and also getting those items.

enjoy

M

Example: Say I want scrambled eggs, bacon, some kind of breakfast potatoes and a pot of coffee. Is that doable? Thanks in advance.

Jim

very doable.....

No problem:)

there are breakfast room service menus posted on here as well.....

Here is a link to a grat thread posted by LSimon....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1752753&highlight=room+service+breakfast

Edited by cherylroslyn

Thanks to both of you. And thanks to Larry Simon for the room service menus he posted.

Be aware if you look at Larry's thread that you'll find out on about the third page that the stuff in the original post is a bit outdated. Still, the basic premise holds true: You can get bacon or sausage or ham and some eggs and hash browns, toast, oatmeal, all that stuff.

Apparently, there's hot stuff for lunch too, burgers etc.

Jim

One thing about the breakfast room service, you have to be VERY SPECIFIC. My DH ordered toast and butter, and he got one (1) pat of butter. I ordered coffee but didn't specify sweetener. I got just the coffee.

On our most recent cruise, we discovered the pure pleasure of breakfast in the dining room. In our case, it was Blu. You can pretty much ask for whatever you want, including breakfast smoothies, and they arrive. Yum!

One thing about the breakfast room service, you have to be VERY SPECIFIC. My DH ordered toast and butter, and he got one (1) pat of butter. I ordered coffee but didn't specify sweetener. I got just the coffee.!
We should trade places. :D

Reading this brought back memories of my own first experience ordering butter on a Celebrity room service breakfast menu.

I wanted 2 pats of butter, so on the quantity line for butter I wrote 2.

They brought me 2 bowls each filled with about a dozen pats of butter.

Also, whenever I order coffee, they bring me one of those plastic containers loaded with different types of sweeteners, even though I don't use sweetener in my coffee and never order any sweetener.

We should trade places. :D

Reading this brought back memories of my own first experience ordering butter on a Celebrity room service breakfast menu.

I wanted 2 pats of butter, so on the quantity line for butter I wrote 2.

They brought me 2 bowls each filled with about a dozen pats of butter.

Also, whenever I order coffee, they bring me one of those plastic containers loaded with different types of sweeteners, even though I don't use sweetener in my coffee and never order any sweetener.

LOL. We should trade!

I enjoyed the comically huge pile of covered serving dishes. Anyone walking past our room would've thought we were entertaining the entire cast of the cruise show for breakfast. Eggs? One covered platter for each serving. Bacon? A separate covered platter. Toast? Ditto. Even my smoothie came in it's own covered platter!

On our Jan. 4 Reflection cruise, the breakfast pancakes were delivered hot to our cabin. But so was the orange juice and yogurt (hot).

I've always had the opposite experience - everything, from eggs to french toast, always seems to come cold, or lukewarm at best.