Ice and Drinks No Longer In Rooms?

crazyfrazee

When I sailed on the Paradise in Nov '12 and on the Dream in Oct last year, we had to ask for an ice bucket from our room steward and he delivered it right away and kept it filled for the rest of the cruise ~ the Paradise did not have the mini-fridge however on the Dream we did have it and it was stocked. I do not look at having to request the ice bucket as a cut-back but more of conservation and I agree with those who said the drinks take up valuable vanity space.

On my last 3 Carnival cruises I had to ask - and sometimes ask again..and remind again - for the ice bucket and refills

On many of the ships it seems they no longer include the bucket, you gotta ask.

Cutbacks? yeah seems like it

If it's a cutback, it's a logical one. How many people actually use ice? Why fill every bucket automatically just to let it sit there and melt?

I found if you request it you'll get it.

If it's a cutback, it's a logical one. How many people actually use ice? Why fill every bucket automatically just to let it sit there and melt?

Agree with this. With the room stewards already overworked, why have to worry about ice buckets when many don't use them. Just ask and you shall receive.

I think it's a logical one too. Not everyone wants ice. We do, so I've always asked for and gotten an ice bucket. But I wonder about the new cruisers who don't know they can ask. I wish they would put a card in the cabin that says, "Ice available on request. See your cabin steward."

My past 4 cruises, 3 on Ecstasy, 1 on Victory, no ice buckets in room. However on Victory, our room steward gladly filled the soft cooler we brought with ice to keep the alcohol we had brought on board cold. I never asked for an ice bucket on the ecstasy, but I've never had a steward tell me no to a request I've had, so I'm sure they would've gotten me one.

they started not filling all the ice buckets early last year... reason why ??? most people were not using the ice ... waste of time and resources.. You want it just ask. Every cruise if the room steward sees that we have order through Bon Voyage there was an ice bucket filled. I have no issue with the ice bucket not being filled at the start of the cruise and I don't consider it a cut back. I consider it a good move .. Why fill up the ice bucket for a cruise if it is not even being used and a vast majority were not being used.

Hi :)

I've never had to request an ice bucket on any cruise

line, yet. I do ask for the contents of the mini fridge

be removed.

Having said that, in my case it might be due to the

fact that when meeting our stateroom steward on

the 1st day I always request a plastic liner be placed

into our ice bucket.

Many people use the ice buckets when sick & can't

make it to the bathroom in time.:eek:

:)

just got off the windy rocky fantasy and of course noticed more cuts. When did they quit putting ice buckets and drinks in the rooms? All that was in our room was a bottle of $4 water. I asked the room steward about it and he said they stopped doing it but he would get me ice if i needed it. Is this company wide or just on the fantasy?

hi-----in all the 58 cruises on carnival---and on all their ships--we have always had ice and bucket-----and a rfg---if you want anything else-----we also bring a bottle of wine on board--and the stewards always bring us a wine bucket----filled with---so---dont know what you re talking about-------did you talk to your steward????? Irene and john-----

Just got off the windy rocky Fantasy and of course noticed more cuts. When did they quit putting ice buckets and drinks in the rooms? All that was in our room was a bottle of $4 water. I asked the room steward about it and he said they stopped doing it but he would get me ice if I needed it. Is this company wide or just on the Fantasy?

Well, now you know who had ice, how they got it, if ice was there, who didn't get it.

The answer must be it's not just the Fantasy, but the problem is easily resolved. Perhaps certain stewards do it thinking they'll get a better tip.

Just got off the windy rocky Fantasy and of course noticed more cuts. When did they quit putting ice buckets and drinks in the rooms? All that was in our room was a bottle of $4 water. I asked the room steward about it and he said they stopped doing it but he would get me ice if I needed it. Is this company wide or just on the Fantasy?

Yes it was like that on the Fascination.....

The Sodas was always in my way..

And the Big bottle of Water too.........

I would always put them in the closet on a shelf........

I had a full Ice bucket............

I always would bring ice from the Lido too.....

Edited by BARBARA J.W.

I have been on 6 Carniavl cruises and have never had drinks on our counter. That being said, things were different on the Liberty this past Thanksgiving. We did have to ask for ice, but we also had to call to have someone come and unlock our fridge. Our cabin steward told us that they were going to make the fridges being locked a fleetwide policy soon. He said that it was because there was alcohol stocked in there and people had complained because their kids had access to it. After they unlocked it, we emptied it and stored the contents as usual so we could fill it with our own drinks. He was happy to provide us with ice, but you do have to ask for it now.

I have been on 6 Carniavl cruises and have never had drinks on our counter. That being said, things were different on the Liberty this past Thanksgiving. We did have to ask for ice, but we also had to call to have someone come and unlock our fridge. Our cabin steward told us that they were going to make the fridges being locked a fleetwide policy soon. He said that it was because there was alcohol stocked in there and people had complained because their kids had access to it. After they unlocked it, we emptied it and stored the contents as usual so we could fill it with our own drinks. He was happy to provide us with ice, but you do have to ask for it now.

Probably they only put the sodas on the counter if the cabin didn't have a fridge. I've never had a fridge on a Carnival ship - the sodas were on the counter.

• 2 weeks later...

Having to ask for ice and a bucket started about 2 years ago. I've been on Inspiration, Legend and Miracle and on all of them I had to ask. Most recently, on Paradise I saw the steward and asked about ice. He said, no ice unless you ask. I asked him to fill my small cooler with ice twice a day and let him know I leave it in the shower so it won't get anything wet.

Very quickly I had ice in the cooler but no ice bucket with ice on the counter. When I saw him again I asked and for the rest of the cruise I had ice in the bucket and in the cooler.

You can get an ice bucket but you have to ask for it. It's not automatic. At least that's the way it was on Paradise last year. We'll be on Victory next week so I'll find out if it works the same way.

We just wrote a note to our room steward and the bucket appeared. Had ice every morning and evening. But make sure to ask.