Ice and Drinks No Longer In Rooms?

crazyfrazee

It is companywide. I never really understood the idea behind the soda cans on the counter as they just took up space and were very hard to actually account for and keep track of by steward staff. Water, yeah, I know of people who always buy it because the stuff out of the tap is so nasty. But they don't just give you ice anymore either. You have to ask for it and that is if you can even find your steward to let them know you would like some. I understand they used to waste a lot of ice the old way so maybe they are cutting back on the amount of ice buckets they have to stock and clean by doing this. But, in the grand scheme, just another Carnival Cutback.

hi-----in all the 58 cruises on carnival---and on all their ships--we have always had ice and bucket-----and a rfg---if you want anything else-----we also bring a bottle of wine on board--and the stewards always bring us a wine bucket----filled with---so---dont know what you re talking about-------did you talk to your steward????? Irene and john-----

We've only been on 8 Carnival cruises but always had to ask for ice/bucket except for one when the steward asked us first. If you forget until day 2 they're all gone :eek:

First day of our Paradise cruise in July 2012 I took my mini-cooler up to the Lido deck to get ice for my husband's insulin. Our steward saw me as I was coming back and was horrified that I'd had to go up there myself to get ice. Asked me to please let him take care of that for the rest of the cruise.

That night when we got back to our cabin after turn-down, there was an ice bucket filled with ice (for drinks he said) plus fresh ice in my cooler, a sharps container and a plastic storage box (like a plastic cigar holder) that was the perfect size for my DH's insulin pens... he told me the next day he was concerned the cardboard box the insulin was in would get ruined so he found this at the duty-free shop and talked them into giving to him for us. It goes with us everywhere that we travel now!

I couldn't believe how helpful and caring he was... needless to say, we left extra for him in the room the last night.

First day of our Paradise cruise in July 2012 I took my mini-cooler up to the Lido deck to get ice for my husband's insulin. Our steward saw me as I was coming back and was horrified that I'd had to go up there myself to get ice. Asked me to please let him take care of that for the rest of the cruise.

That night when we got back to our cabin after turn-down, there was an ice bucket filled with ice (for drinks he said) plus fresh ice in my cooler, a sharps container and a plastic storage box (like a plastic cigar holder) that was the perfect size for my DH's insulin pens... he told me the next day he was concerned the cardboard box the insulin was in would get ruined so he found this at the duty-free shop and talked them into giving to him for us. It goes with us everywhere that we travel now!

I couldn't believe how helpful and caring he was... needless to say, we left extra for him in the room the last night.

Oh my goodness he sounds a wonderful steward.

sent from my Samsung using the CruiseCritic app