Zumba

~Christie~

Does the Caribbean Princess still offer Zumba? If so are there extra fees for it?

We just got off the Golden Princess South American cruise and the Zumba class was in the Vista Lounge. It was packed and the most popular class on this cruise (it was free). The instructor was super fit. Participants were doing the pushing tables and chairs into piles so the whole auditorium turned into one big Zumba arena! His sessions started off 30-40 minutes but by the 4 class, he had extended his class to the whole hour.

Never did Zumba before and I was always exhausted, but my wife really enjoyed the whole class. I lost weight on this cruise.

The lounges where they hold Zumba tend to get really hot as they leave the stage lights on. Dress appropriately and maybe bring a towel. They do provide cups and water. Depending on the instructor, classes run 45 minutes to an hour. Some are great instructors, some not so much.

Jackie

I'll be on the CB in March, and I'll be doing Zumba every sea day if they have it. The fact that Princess has these classes is a big draw for me. I like to eat but I don't like to gain weight!

I'm curious to know if the classes are usually held in the morning or afternoon? Last year on the Dawn they were in the morning, which I prefer. Anyone have that info?

The lounges where they hold Zumba tend to get really hot as they leave the stage lights on. Dress appropriately and maybe bring a towel. They do provide cups and water. Depending on the instructor, classes run 45 minutes to an hour. Some are great instructors, some not so much.

Jackie

Hot, yes! Also, sometimes I was on the wooden dance floor, and sometimes on the carpet. Didn't bother me but some people might have a preference.

If you are a Zumba regular and want a proper workout, I suggest you go early and be towards the front. You will have more room to move that way and the first-timers will have you to follow (on my DP cruise there were tons of people who had never done it before, and they packed together like it was line dancing). I also recommend bringing your own water bottle, as we had only one cooler at the back of the room with those little tiny paper cups.

I just told my wife about this as we are on the Caribbean Princess in June. She is even more excited now. Worst case scenario, she'll teach the class, as she is a certified instructor and teaches 5 classes a week now.

Maybe get her to bring a CD and if it's not on the Patter go see the person in charge. The lady running ours wasn't very good but it was still fun.