First Night Dining In Specialty Restaurant

1cruiselvr

We are new to X and sailing next month on Century. I have learned a lot from the board, but when I did a search for this particular piece of information, I couldn't find it. I know the experienced cruisers will know the answer. Celebrity just sent me an email promoting the 20% discount on first night dining in the Specialty Restaurant onboard - Murano. It sounded like a good deal so I went to our booking and clicked on dining reservations. But when I make my selection, it shows the full price - $45pp. So my question is how does one get the 20% discount? Is it not available online? Or do you make your booking, pay full price and then get a shipboard credit once onboard? I'm confused on this subject. :confused: Any help is appreciated.

Edited by 1cruiselvr

We are new to X and sailing next month on Century. I have learned a lot from the board, but when I did a search for this particular piece of information, I couldn't find it. I know the experienced cruisers will know the answer. Celebrity just sent me an email promoting the 20% discount on first night dining in the Specialty Restaurant onboard - Murano. It sounded like a good deal so I went to our booking and clicked on dining reservations. But when I make my selection, it shows the full price - $45pp. So my question is how does one get the 20% discount? Is it not available online? Or do you make your booking, pay full price and then get a shipboard credit once onboard? I'm confused on this subject. :confused: Any help is appreciated.

Yes I found that out last year and could not find how to book in advance and get the discount. However, many have suggested that you could negotiate 50% off on the first night as the Speciality Restaurants can be virtually empty so you may wish to wait till boarding.

When we boarded two weeks ago it was in our cabin room...50% off first night specialty restaurant for Blu guests. Reflection was sold out...not enough seats in Blu if Aqua is sold out.

When we boarded two weeks ago it was in our cabin room...50% off first night specialty restaurant for Blu guests. Reflection was sold out...not enough seats in Blu if Aqua is sold out.

Do they have Blu on Century? :confused:

Do they have Blu on Century? :confused:

No Blu on Century, only 1 specialty dining - Murano.

So why does Celebrity send an email invitation if you can't actually book with the 20% discount online? I used an online TA so I can't Celebrity about it.

Edited by 1cruiselvr

We have booked Tuscan for our first night (and have already paid for this) on an upcoming Silhouette Cruise. I didn't know about the discount for first night when I booked, until I read it on CC. This is our first Celebrity Cruise. I emailed Celebrity and this is the response I got:

"Thank you for your email to Celebrity Cruises. We currently are offering a discount to guests who choose to dine in one of our specialty restaurants on the 1st day of the cruise. For guests who made advance reservations for the specialty dining, a 20% savings will automatically be applied to their onboard expense account."

Should I expect to see the discount on-line? In addition to the credit for the dining, we are also to receive a $100 OBC ($50 from TA and $50 from Celebrity). Should I expect to see this on my on-line account?

As I said we are new to Celebrity so not sure how this works. We've only sailed twice previously - once with HAL and once with Carnival and enjoyed both. We are really looking forward to trying out Celebrity!

We have booked Tuscan for our first night (and have already paid for this) on an upcoming Silhouette Cruise. I didn't know about the discount for first night when I booked, until I read it on CC. This is our first Celebrity Cruise. I emailed Celebrity and this is the response I got:

"Thank you for your email to Celebrity Cruises. We currently are offering a discount to guests who choose to dine in one of our specialty restaurants on the 1st day of the cruise. For guests who made advance reservations for the specialty dining, a 20% savings will automatically be applied to their onboard expense account."

Should I expect to see the discount on-line? In addition to the credit for the dining, we are also to receive a $100 OBC ($50 from TA and $50 from Celebrity). Should I expect to see this on my on-line account?

As I said we are new to Celebrity so not sure how this works. We've only sailed twice previously - once with HAL and once with Carnival and enjoyed both. We are really looking forward to trying out Celebrity!

Yes, but usually not until the second day. If it doesn't show up check with guest relations they will be able to help. We just call from the cabin and they were always able to handle it quickly.

I would also have a copy of the email confirmation...just in case.

Been wondering about this myself. We booked the 3 night specialty package, in doing so Celebrity forces you to make a reservation either the 1st or second night. I was thinking of cancelling the package and just taking my chance to get the big discount and book for the 1st night when I get onboard.

The cost was $89, if you pay for each separately it comes to $110, if I can book Murano at a 50% discount on the 1st night and pay full price for the other 2 it comes to $87.50. Plus the 3rd option gives me the flexibility to not go to another if I choose.

Decisions Decisions

I would take my chances...and the chances are probably 95% that you'll save money. For the person who booked four nights....cancel and book on board...they will give you a significant discount for booking more than one night in a specialty restaurant.

As far as the 50% off on the reflection...that's because blu really can't handle all the aqua guests in two seatings (since they increased the number of guests), so they try to offload the first night to a specialty restaurant to help them. After the first night, people drift in at various times and it mostly works. That's unique to the reflection.

One thing that does concern me is we are a party of 10 and the last two people called and were told that the specialty package has been sold out. I was surprised at this, it was also quite difficult to get the restaurant to accommodate all 8 of us at the time we wanted. Im thinking that because the packages have been sold out the 1st nights booking will be on the fuller side, which will keep the discounts to a minimum.

Has anyone else experienced Celebrity selling out of the dining packages?

Just want to make sure new Celebrity cruisers understand that 50% discount the first night only applies to passengers who are booked in Aqua class. Aqua class is the only class assigned to eat in the Blu dining room, everyone else is assigned the main dining room. People report they are offered the 50% discount the first night to reduce the passengers eating in Blu that night.

The norm is everyone else is offered 20% off the first night. Discounts for the other nights depends on how well the specialty restaurants are booking for that sailing. No guarantees you'll get discounts, so you take your chances if you wait.

Just want to make sure everyone understands.

Just want to make sure new Celebrity cruisers understand that 50% discount the first night only applies to passengers who are booked in Aqua class. Aqua class is the only class assigned to eat in the Blu dining room, everyone else is assigned the main dining room. People report they are offered the 50% discount the first night to reduce the passengers eating in Blu that night.

The norm is everyone else is offered 20% off the first night. Discounts for the other nights depends on how well the specialty restaurants are booking for that sailing. No guarantees you'll get discounts, so you take your chances if you wait.

Thanks for clarifying

I was also told if they discount the 3 specialty restaurant package while you are on board they will credit you for the difference....but you have to ask for the credit.

Edited by 20pluscruises