Mr. Sanchos PAYG or Paradise Beach

klpalp

For our Cozumel port we were just wanting a beach to play around in the water at. We are a family of 6, 2 adults and 4 kids, ages 14, 12, 9, and 5. As far as food and drink go, we just want something to sustain us until we get back to the boat, the quality of food/drinks isn't that big of deal. I was wanting opinions on what beach might be best for us!

-I would pay for the water toys for my kids, but what ages of kids can go on them? How deep in the water are they? All my kids are swimmers, but my 2 younger boys, I would want to be close by if they are playing on them. Would I have to buy a wristband to be in the area with them? Or will the water be too deep for my youngest? Which club has the better water toy area for younger kids?

-A pool is only matters if beach conditions are not the best that day, or just to jump in and wash off the sand before heading back to the ship. It looks like Paradise beach has the better pool.

-We love the beach, so which one has the best beach area for playing in the water......it looks like both clubs are fairly close, so there may not be a huge difference. We have our own snorkel gear, and will play around snorkeling there, but won't worry to much of what we see.........(I spent the $$$ to go to Maya Key in Roatan for the snorkeling)

-This is probably a silly question but....do you have to buy bottled water to drink or can you order an ice water for the kids for free with a food order? It looks like at Paradise Beach we would have to order a min. of $50, which I was budgeting that amount at either place for food/snacks for the day just to get us back to the ship or port area. I was hoping to not have to spend a lot for drinks for the kids, they would just drink water.

-we will get up and be off the ship first thing to grab a cab to either place, so I think we should be able to beat the crowds there, so I am not too worried about crowds. Our ship gets into port @8am that day. Is there usually a big crowd when they open?

-A quick question about cabs......when counting heads for the cab fare, will we be charged the same as if we were 6 adults? There is a big difference when figuring round trip cab fare for 5 people vs. 6 we could get by with only being charged for 5, because of the ages of my youngest kid. 6 adults is a lot different than 3 adult size people and 3 kids!!

As you can tell I am trying to budget for every little thing with this port, and these are just some of the things I had questions on! Any advice on either place for our situation would be great. I have read through other posts on both places, but what is right for 2 adults, isn't necessarily the best for our situation with lots of kids!

Thanks!!!

Edited by klpalp

I was just reading up on Mr Sanchos myself. My family has always gone to Paradise Beach and it has always been great. I've never been to Mr Sanchos but was considering it. We enjoy the water park which is $12 at both places and they look very similar. The pool definitely looks bigger at Paradise. Paradise costs $2 to enter where Sanchos is free. We also like to eat and have a drink or two and bar/food prices are similar. We would not eat/drink enough to make the all inclusive $55/adult cost worthwhile at Sanchos.

At Paradise the beach is free (other than the $2 to enter the place). They have life jackets but they're not mandatory, don't know if you'd have to pay for them if you didn't get the water park pass. They have a guy or 2 on a canoe to make sure everyone on the water toys has a wristband.

I'm not sure about tap water but my guess is that they wouldn't charge at Paradise as long as you order other stuff too.

Last year we went there on the Allure which is huge. There are different docks I believe in Cozumel so we didn't think crowds would be a big issue and we got off the ship relatively quick. Turns out there was a huge line for cabs which was somewhat unorganized. We waited about 30 mins for a cab but it seemed like much longer. The cab was about $15 for everyone you could squeeze in. Our cabs have always been pretty small like an older Nissan Sentra or similar so I don't think you'll get more than 4. Last time we got in a van and it was $5 each so it ended up being the same price for the 3 of us. When we got to Paradise there were hardly any people there but it filled up as the day went on. There have always been open loungers on the beach where they seat you along with an umbrella.

We've been to Paradise about 6 times and there have always been lots of kids. The water does get deep by the water toys and it's too deep to stand which is probably why they have life jackets available.

I'm pretty sure we'll just continue with Paradise Beach cause I know it's good.

I'm curious to see what others say who have been to both places.

I've never been to Mr Sanchos but have been to Paradise Beach several and I love PB!

Part of the reason we like PB is the food and drinks - their nachos are to die for and we've always received good drinks and service. Their beach, in my opinion, isn't that great - rocky entrance into the water.

Good luck! I'm sure you will have a wonderful day at either one!

I haven't gone before either. I do however, plan on going in March. It was recommended by a lot of friends I met though this site on another cruise I took last year, when asking them what I should do while in Cozumel. I have a group of nine going, six adults, two teens, and one child. I plan on buying the wristband for my child only. But she is an avid swimmer. As for the water, I am bringing a couple of bottle waters for each for us. It is three bucks for a bottle water if you buy it there.

There is a 3.00 admission for Paradise Beach which includes, chairs, pool, restrooms and wifi. The water toys are 8.00 extra, also keep in mind PB asks that you please consume a minimum of $10 usd/person in food and/or drinks from their restaurant or bar.

There is a 3.00 admission for Paradise Beach which includes, chairs, pool, restrooms and wifi. The water toys are 8.00 extra, also keep in mind PB asks that you please consume a minimum of $10 usd/person in food and/or drinks from their restaurant or bar.

Seems like prices have increased at Paradise Beach, admission is now $3 pp as you say but water toys are now $15 according to the website.

• 2 weeks later...

Paradise Beach

Im guessing the water in minimum of 5' ish for the inflatables that are closet to shore and gets deeper from there.

No you dont need to purchase the wrist band to swim in that area and near the inflatables. They are quick to notice someone ON the inflatables without a wristband ;)