FTTF - not limited to 15 at a time

Elaine515

Faster To The Fun!

Miami, FL - Sat, May 10

Select a Shore Excursion Time:

11:00 AM - 12:00 PM

$49.95 Only 16 tickets remain

I was under the impression that Carnival only released 15 FTTF at a time, and certainly not so fair in advance. And this is AFTER a friend already purchased 2 of them today...

No wonder the Guest Services Desk is so crowded :(

They do only release a little at a time however.... It may not be 15 tickets it may be 20 tickets but either way I do believe they limit it. When we booked our cruise on the Legend for April it wash't available at first. However a week later it was and it said they only had 9 tickets remaining. I hope they limit it or what good would the program do?

Why are you fussing about how many fttf are available to buy? And Ive spent 25 days at sea so far yes i know not alot 4 cruises all together and ive not seen more than a couple people at the service desk at any given time.. Even when the Captain announced last time about the Ship being late into port because of Fog.. IS this different on other ships? Why the need for so many people to go to the service desk?

Why the need for so many people to go to the service desk?

To complain about this or that. Carnival sees that it has a cash cow with FTTF. They don't care if Platinum or Diamond people complain, they only care about getting your money from your pocket into theirs. They don't have to spend their money to get yours with FTTF. It's a win-win for them.

Just to show you how much of an influence this board is, every time I walked past the guest services desk on my last cruise I glanced over to see how many were in the Priority line. I never saw more than two people at a time. Not sure if any of them were FTTF passengers who crawled their way up from steerage to to spread their cooties, or "real" priority passengers :rolleyes:

To complain about this or that. Carnival sees that it has a cash cow with FTTF. They don't care if Platinum or Diamond people complain, they only care about getting your money from your pocket into theirs. They don't have to spend their money to get yours with FTTF. It's a win-win for them.

Agree with you.. and Why should Carnival care? they gain thousands of newbies each week.. We are all replaceable as customers..

Just to show you how much of an influence this board is, every time I walked past the guest services desk on my last cruise I glanced over to see how many were in the Priority line. I never saw more than two people at a time. Not sure if any of them were FTTF passengers who crawled their way up from steerage to to spread their cooties, or "real" priority passengers :rolleyes:

Only real priority to me should be suites .. Oh and Fttf Cause they paid more for the cruise than some diamond member who books inside cabins

Usually 50 a cruise do not have to purchase for each individual only for the room your in.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

So what your telling me is that Carnival has caused this uproar and animosity between guests in addition to insulting their most loyal supporters over a paltry $2,500 per sailing? Sad, very sad!

Faster To The Fun!

Miami, FL - Sat, May 10

I was under the impression that Carnival only released 15 FTTF at a time, and certainly not so fair in advance. And this is AFTER a friend already purchased 2 of them today...

My husband and I had need of the guest services desk at LEAST 8 times on our cruise last week. Two of those times we had ONE person ahead of us. The other times we were the only ones in the priority line. My children used GS at other times as did the rest of our group. None of them mentioned having to wait in line. From our roll call, I know that at least 20 FTTF tickets were sold.

Edited to Add: The first batch of FTTF tickets for our Jan 4.2014 sailing were opened up in mid December 2013.

Edited by Athankfulheart

Sounds like "sour grapes" to me:(

Faster To The Fun!

Miami, FL - Sat, May 10

It's entirely possible they released 2 sets of 15, but sold 14 of them. Honestly, nobody but Carnival knows the process involved.

I don't care for any thing that FTF gets except priority embarkation.:mad: I have over 20 cruises with Carnival and have never has issues with embarkation until FTF started and on both of my last two cruise embarkation has been a cluster f*&$!. The worst. I thought embarkation on Liberty in August was awful that it couldn't get worse..until embarkation in Long Beach in December. OMG!! freaking nightmare. There is no system now, no priority, it sucks. Once onboard it really doesn't affect me. No issues with guest services, tendering or debarkation. But something has to change with embarkation.

It'd only $50 per cabin but there can be four+ in a cabin times 30 cabins??? Your talking 120 additional passengers.. I know it can be less or more. But it really making a mess getting on the ship.

such an uproar over the FTTF. I can understand the embarkation, but, VIP still gets on the ship first before FTTF. Vip still get a bit more "perks".

FTTF gets to get on board before zones but after vip, get to use the vip in guest services line and then if there is a tender can choose to do early.

if there is as many as 100 people in possibly the same room as you before boarding is still a way lot better than the thousand behind you.

Faster To The Fun!

Miami, FL - Sat, May 10

It could also be that the cruise line released 15 and those who had FTTF previously booked then either cancelled it or cancelled their cruise altogether which freed up additional spots. It has been said that FTTF is limited to 50 per sailing so "If" each of those cabins has 4 in them then that would be a total of 200 more allowed into the Guest Services line and I doubt that would cause a problem with it.

How do you know that there weren't just a lot of Platinum/Diamonds on your particular cruise and that is who was in the line, did you take a survey? On my cruise on the Dream the highest number I have seen available for FTTF is 9 and I have been checking at least every week just to see when it shows sold out. I purchased mine when I booked the cruise months ago.

Faster To The Fun!

Miami, FL - Sat, May 10

When I booked our Sept 2014 cruise in Sept 2013, the FTTF was available the same day that I booked - so I got ours. It has been available off and on since then. So I would believe that Carnival makes them available very far out in advance. :D

Edited by Stormdancer24