Bring Wine on NCL Dawn

scoutandbunji

I was planning on brining my own wine on board the NCL Dawn in February. I have a two part question. I plan on claiming it.

1. Do you check the wine in when you check your luggage in? or do they take it from you?

2. If they take it from you, do they chill it if it's white or champagne?

I was planning on brining my own wine on board the NCL Dawn in February. I have a two part question. I plan on claiming it.

1. Do you check the wine in when you check your luggage in? or do they take it from you?

2. If they take it from you, do they chill it if it's white or champagne?

Question 1-it is best to carry it on and there will be a nice(?) lady there to collect your $15 per bottle and 2-they will give you an ice bucket and ice in your cabin to keep it cold or maybe you can check with the food and beverage Dept about storing it. That I do not know.

Question 1-it is best to carry it on and there will be a nice(?) lady there to collect your $15 per bottle and 2-they will give you an ice bucket and ice in your cabin to keep it cold or maybe you can check with the food and beverage Dept about storing it. That I do not know.

1. The person by the desk could be a angry man or anything in between too. No way of telling in advance.

2. The price is not collected (as in cash) but charged on passenger's onboard account via hand-written receipt (the charge will show on account usually around second or third day of the cruise).

3. Passenger can keep the bottles in their cabin and use them as they please but if one wants to get whites or sparkling wines/champagnes chilled, they can be given to storage in any bar or restaurant and the crew will give the passenger a pickup slip that is needed to fetch the bottle later (can be done anywhere, no need to go to the same venue).

Edited by Demonyte

Yes and Yes. There will be "mini-bar" stuff in the fridge -- if you are not using the top shelf in room you can put the stuff up there, otherwise have your steward take it away. Ours left some of the small bottles on the door shelf of fridge...

A thread just up from this one documents someone getting the corkage back on unopened bottles by taking the bottles to (?) reception desk the last day and having them hold it over (like they do duty-free) to the next day.