Why is Connie your favorite?

scubamommy!

I keep reading over and over many people say that The Constellation is/has been/always will be their favorite ship. Of coarse this makes me happy because we are sailing on her for the first time in March. I just wanted to hear WHY is that so? Is it just because she is older and has been well traveled by so many and you are just comfortable on her, or is there something really different about her that you like? I would love to hear your answers. Thank you.

I keep reading over and over many people say that The Constellation is/has been/always will be their favorite ship. Of coarse this makes me happy because we are sailing on her for the first time in March. I just wanted to hear WHY is that so? Is it just because she is older and has been well traveled by so many and you are just comfortable on her, or is there something really different about her that you like? I would love to hear your answers. Thank you.

Connie is my current favorite because the cruise gave fuel for negative posts. .:(

Note there were no negatives about the ship, just the management of a group.

On a positive note, Connie was the last M-Class ship built. M-Class has more features that appeal to us. It has most of what S-Class has but also two long promenades, better cabins, the free T-pool, a more intimate foyer area, and a better designed buffet including many drink stations.:)

You will enjoy the ship.

jls

Edited by JLSPOOL

I had wondered why as well, since cruisers never specifically stated why. Since the ships of this class are basically the same, it could not be the ship itself.

We sailed on the Constellation in May 2013 and we can now also state that it is our favourite - due to the service, more specifically for us at the Captain's Club events.

We sailed on the Millennium in November 2012 and it was our first cruise at Celebrity's Elite level. We had been looking forward to the daily breakfast and daily cocktail party based on comments we had heard from others on prior sailings. However, we found the service at both events extremely poor. It was hard to capture a waiter's attention and be served. The CC host was present at the breakfasts, and discussions about the service with him were unsatisfactory.

However, it was a totally different story on the Constellation. At breakfast and in the evening we had the best service, so much so that drinks were on their way as we were seating ourselves, the wait staff quickly knew our preferences and looked after us very well.

I must say though, that service in other areas such as the main dining room, Blu and in our cabin seemed to be fine across ships.

We are looking forward to our B2B2B on the Constellation in October.

We have not been on Connie since Feb of 2008, but we are going back on her for a back to back in 20 days! Back then the M class ships were the big ones! I'm still torn if I prefer S class or M class. M class is a bit more intimate. Of course we were on Mercury and Century also, even a bit smaller but wonderful ships. I think the big advantage M class has over S class is three banks of elevators :) S class, although larger, only has two banks.

Great Answers! Keep them coming!

I have always said that good service can make up for lacking in other areas, not that I have heard she is lacking, but service can say so much about anything. Great to hear this answer! :)

Just got off the Constellation in December. The service is great. In the dining room we had Jimmie and his brother from the Philippines. I think they are going home in Feb or March, they were great. I hope you have Captain Taso, he was great. He was out and about a lot. He even played pool volley ball, did a cook off with the cruise director and was in the staff talent show. The morning show with JC the cruise director and Mark was so funny. I hope you have all of them, they were the best ever.