Has anyone else having trouble in getting NCL gift cards?

Sam The Cat

I ordered the new NCL gift card around December 12, 2013 as a Christmas gift for my DS and her DH. I received an email on December 19th that my order was processed and would be mailed out. As of Jan 13th I have not received the card. I contacted NCL Gift Card # who verified the mailing address advised and I was advised that it would be ariving time. I find this as unacceptable yes I could have paid more for overnight delivery lucky my DS and herDH are not sailing till March

Just wondering if other CC members has had problems Think next time will give them cash.

I ordered the new NCL gift card around December 12, 2013 as a Christmas gift for my DS and her DH. I received an email on December 19th that my order was processed and would be mailed out. As of Jan 13th I have not received the card. I contacted NCL Gift Card # who verified the mailing address advised and I was advised that it would be ariving time. I find this as unacceptable yes I could have paid more for overnight delivery lucky my DS and herDH are not sailing till March

Just wondering if other CC members has had problems Think next time will give them cash.

I ordered mine right about when you did. They had an estimated date in there at the time that was pretty close. As the other poster said, the letter had a return address from Texas.

The HSN card that was the promo took awhile longer and I got that in early Jan.

I ordered ours the 1st week of December and it arrived Dec. 15th. I bought it through HSN. The $100 from HSN was delivered Jan.2nd. We cruised Dec.22-29th. I put the $500 card down on our onboard account. No problem. When I checked on my account it said Discover card payment applied. So these cards must be issued from Discover. On our last sea day I got a letter in my cabin stating we had an unpaid balance of approx. $200. I went to customer service and they said my card was no good and would only authorize $300. After speaking with 2 people they took my card and paperwork to the back to accounting as I told them it's your card, you fix it! I paid $500 and I expect to use all $500 not $300. So they fixed it and credited my account for the $500. We spent $496.00.

Please take all your paperwork with you and have your receipt in hand.

They issue you a plastic gift card that is indeed done through Discover. Just got back from our cruise a couple days ago and had some trouble with ours. At first we tried to use our cards by just presenting them as payment at the bar for example. We were informed we had to take the cards to the front desk to apply them to our onboard credit. We did this and on our financial printout it showed positive credit for two gift cards. Cool.

Then at the end of the cruise when we tried to swipe our keycards to get off the boat they told us we had an unpaid balance and needed to take care of it before we left, holding up our other family members and the line. Because of our confusion she swiped our card again and said nevermind it was taken care of.

When we got home NCL again told us we had an unpaid balance as "our discover credit card" they were trying to charge was being declined. We checked the gift card balances online and sure enough one had a NEGATIVE $60 balance....they were trying to charge our gift cards instead of our credit card on file because in the system they're just recognized as "Discover card."

We also had an instance where the two gift card credits disappeared completely from our accounting printout and NCL said we never used them. Still working the whole thing out.

The NCL gift cards I ordered from HSN on dec.10 arrived 5 days later.very speedy even though they were mailed from ncl in Texas.

I also ordered mine from HSN, and got them within a week. I ordered 1,000 worth and got free 200.00 HSN gift card. I guess thats the way to go!

They issue you a plastic gift card that is indeed done through Discover. Just got back from our cruise a couple days ago and had some trouble with ours. At first we tried to use our cards by just presenting them as payment at the bar for example. We were informed we had to take the cards to the front desk to apply them to our onboard credit. We did this and on our financial printout it showed positive credit for two gift cards. Cool.

Then at the end of the cruise when we tried to swipe our keycards to get off the boat they told us we had an unpaid balance and needed to take care of it before we left, holding up our other family members and the line. Because of our confusion she swiped our card again and said nevermind it was taken care of.

When we got home NCL again told us we had an unpaid balance as "our discover credit card" they were trying to charge was being declined. We checked the gift card balances online and sure enough one had a NEGATIVE $60 balance....they were trying to charge our gift cards instead of our credit card on file because in the system they're just recognized as "Discover card."

We also had an instance where the two gift card credits disappeared completely from our accounting printout and NCL said we never used them. Still working the whole thing out.

Oh Boy, I hope they worked it out by now.. I have a few to use in Feb.

Just got off the phone with ncl. I ordered mine on the web site and put in a po box which they don't deliver to because they shipped them ups. So they are resenting them to my physical address. The others I ordered on dec 23 just got to the people I gave them as Christmas gifts today.