Stroller on Oasis?

Leezer

Hi all. We'll be traveling in March with my almost 3 year old (He'll be about a month from turning 3). I am wondering if anyone had any advice about bringing a stroller. He doesn't care for it, but Oasis is such a huge ship. He doesn't need it for the ports (staying on for Nassau, boat on St. Thomas, and Bernard's in St. Martin). Anyone had a child this age on a ship this big? Did you wish you had it or wish you left it at home?

While I didn't personally experience this I did see quite a few strollers in use on our recent cruise. Mostly of the umbrella type that fold easily and don't take up much space. A few larger ones too maybe they had larger cabins? I am sure it would be helpful.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I would bring a small, umbrella stroller just to make it easier while waiting to check in at the pier, to get through the airport if flying, and just in case you change you mind and decide to walk around in port. It can be stuck in a corner in the cabin, but I would want it as a backup.

We saw several with small umbrella type strollers on our Oasis Oct cruise..better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it...but you know your child best..and if he isn't one to accept riding in one it may not be necessary for him..Howver if you do just remember that you can easily gate check it just as you board if you're using an airline..might be handy in airports too..Enjoy Oasis and yes it is a big ship !

I would agree with everyone's umbrella stroller suggestion. We keep a cheap one in the car at all times, because you just never now when you'll be out and about and the kid just gets tired of walking.

We took our kids on Enchantment, which is a much smaller ship in comparison. There were times when the 4 year old was dragging and wanted to be carried.

On such a large ship, unless you want to carry the kid around quite a lot, bring an umbrella stroller.

I have cruised many times with my toddler. I find the stroller very beneficial especially embarking and during the disembark process. Also great help during port days. I still bring an umbrella stroller for my almost 4 year old. I solely use it for check in and check out. Did not need to use so much on board. Also umbrella stroller fold and are stored easily.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I would take one for sure especially since Oasis is so large. I would take the one that your toddler likes the best. Most would probably fit under the bed or in the closet when not in use. On our last cruise we saw people leave them outside their cabin door in the hall, but not blocking people from getting by. I also can't imagine trying to get through the airport or the cruise terminal without it.

I would bring a small, umbrella stroller just to make it easier while waiting to check in at the pier, to get through the airport if flying, and just in case you change you mind and decide to walk around in port. It can be stuck in a corner in the cabin, but I would want it as a backup.

Perfect advice. We cruised last month when our son just turned 3. We only used it at the airport and when checking in at the port, and stowed it for the duration of our cruise. When my other son was 3, however, we didn't even bother with it.

...I did see quite a few strollers in use on our recent cruise. Mostly of the umbrella type that fold easily and don't take up much space. A few larger ones too maybe they had larger cabins?...
Larger strollers might fit in larger cabins, but the halls are pretty narrow. I'd say that a typical larger stroller takes of 50% of the hall width. The room cleaners' cart takes up probably 60% of the hall width. Passing can be an impossibility. Umbrella stroller would be the way to go.

A small umbrella stroller is great but please be considerate and don't leave it in the dining rooms. I don't imply you would But I did see that done and the poor servers were tripping on it.

I would think that an umbrella stroller could be easily folded, and tucked away somewhere, even in the main dining rooms, so as to not be a tripping hazard.

My children are grown, but I am a grandma. I would bring the umbrella stroller. It would make things easier, in the airport, boarding the ship, and walking around the ship. Especially in the evenings when children tend to be a little tired.

I would take one for sure especially since Oasis is so large. I would take the one that your toddler likes the best. Most would probably fit under the bed or in the closet when not in use. On our last cruise we saw people leave them outside their cabin door in the hall, but not blocking people from getting by. I also can't imagine trying to get through the airport or the cruise terminal without it.

Leaving it in the hallways :eek:...very inconsiderate of those that did or would do this. I'm surprised that a cabin steward or staff wouldn't have taken notice of this possible hazard.

Leaving it in the hallways :eek:...very inconsiderate of those that did or would do this. I'm surprised that a cabin steward or staff wouldn't have taken notice of this possible hazard.

They tucked it up against their door and it didn't stick out in the hallway. If it had I'm sure they would have been asked to move it.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App