Lawn Club Grill

themutis

They will also provide blankets. The first time we went they offered to cancel our reservation and refund the fee as it was pretty cold and windy that night. However, with the heaters and blankets it was comfortable. The warm chocolate chip cookie dessert certainly helped.

Is the food really that much better than the MDR to warrant $40.00 extra per person?

We are sailing on the Silhouette on March 2. Would appreciate the tips.

Thanks.

Hi,:) that depends on who you ask. Food is very subjective. Lawn Club

is a totally different menu than the main dining room. Apples to Oranges.

Steaks/Veal Chops/Kabobs/the sides are different, the desserts are

different. There is also seafood on the menu.

If you want to cook on the grill? That option is yours as well.

Some folks say, no it is not worth it, others say, yes it is.......

Same answers for every specialty restaurant on board;)

We ate in the Lawn Club Grill on the Silhouette and everyone who ordered the veal said it was the best veal chop they ever had. It was a 12 day cruise and had we gone there in the beginning of our cruise we would have done it again. Leaving on the Reflection next week and it is the only Specialty restaurant we plan on going to. My group certainly thinks it is worth it!

Last January, we enjoyed the Lawn Club menu under a beautiful starry night after making our flatbread pizzas and learning the true art of cooking the perfect steak. The Lawn Club was a favorite memory to this day of how wonderful and exotic a cruise can be under the right circumstances!

Is the food really that much better than the MDR to warrant $40.00 extra per person?

Thanks.

I was skeptical, too. Very skeptical. But decided to try it for the novelty. My only disappointment was that we went so late in our cruise we couldn't get a reservation for a second night!!! It was THAT good. It was hands down better than Tuscan Grill. And different than Qsine. And blew away the MDR. The steaks were the best we have ever had on a ship, and in the top 10 we've had on land. It was great to sit outside in the fresh air. The interactive portion was a blast for my teens, but you could skip that and still have an outstanding meal.

The service was impeccable. When we approached the hostess stand, we were greeted by name. Huh? How did they know who we were? I'm still not sure, but boy, was I impressed. And the service just continued from there. Attentive, helpful but not invasive. It was a perfect evening.

And save room for dessert. The warm chocolate chip cookie is to die for. We make them at home on occasion and mine are good, but not quite as good as theirs.

So, from someone who initially thought the surcharge seemed way too high for this novelty, I am sold. And will return (multiple times) on my next cruise!!!

Thanks.

Yes it is and it's just so DIFFERENT than ANY other dining experience on a cruise ship.....lots of fun, the food is excellent, the service great....just a really fun evening...we did twice on our Silhouette cruise and would be the only Spec. Rest. we book the next time we are lucky enough to be on Silhouette or Reflection.....:)

Thanks.

This is an easy one to answer ----------- in one word "NO"

Have done it once and didn't get it ------- :confused:

Thank you all for your informative and positive reviews.

I am sure wondering what the definitive "NO" was about.

The Lawn Club Grill is the only specialty restaurant that I was considering so really wanted to hear the pros and cons. My husband cooks a really good steak so I really want to be sure it is worth it. Well, I guess we never know until we try something at least once.

Hope we get some more posts regarding this. Thanks again.

Thank you all for your informative and positive reviews.

I am sure wondering what the definitive "NO" was about.

The Lawn Club Grill is the only specialty restaurant that I was considering so really wanted to hear the pros and cons. My husband cooks a really good steak so I really want to be sure it is worth it. Well, I guess we never know until we try something at least once.

Hope we get some more posts regarding this. Thanks again.

Well keep in mind that food on a cruise ship is probably the most subjective area of the cruise. Without knowing a person likes and dislikes it's hard to know where they're coming from. I just look at each post as one persons opinion. I always say that it's better to try it for yourself. :) our problem wasn't the food as much as the service. It was spotty.

Edited by cruisingator2