Fun drink cups

lissa42886

ok im officially booked so my crazy excited over planning i want to see/do it all self is in full effect..

on my last trip on carnival i got an AWESOME monkey cup carved from a coconut on the ship..

so ill ask you all this... what fun keepable cups have you recently gotten. Pics included would be great. ( i attached mine )

P8190761.jpg.215ae0376d0cefed95d2805aac92b934.jpg

We've got the original hurricane type glasses, coconut monkey cups funnel cups (pictured in earlier post), blowfish cups and the disco ball cups. I've also collected the cordial shot glasses, which are glass and are served between dinner and desert in the main dining rooms. Colors of those are clear/white, green, blue and yellow. We also got a "flashing" shot glass that is really cool. Our last cruise was May of last year. I've seen pictures of a new cup that is now offered, which is a blue fish cup. I'll attach a link where I added photos of all the drink cups we got.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1891469

Edited by pghsteelerfan

I have several glasses, get this, made out of glass. A 'jar glass' with an handle, a hurricane, and brandy snifter. You won't find them any longer, but believe it or not at one time they trusted people enough to have glass out on the deck.

I do like the blowfish that I've seen recently. That would make a good souvenir for our little guy, not sure what drink he'll get in it, maybe we will just get the cup.

I have several glasses, get this, made out of glass. A 'jar glass' with an handle, a hurricane, and brandy snifter. You won't find them any longer, but believe it or not at one time they trusted people enough to have glass out on the deck.

I do like the blowfish that I've seen recently. That would make a good souvenir for our little guy, not sure what drink he'll get in it, maybe we will just get the cup.

I have the glasses too, same ones you mentioned, from our first cruise on Festivale in 1992. I sure miss those but Carnival has some really cool plastic cups now too.

The blowfish cup, yes, you can get anything you want in it or just buy the cup. If you just buy the cup, it will be about half the price.

Are the drinks of the day available in some type of souvenir cup now? Haven't sailed Carnival since 2006 and then it was the different colored hurricane glasses.

The drink of the day on the first day of the cruise is still in a hurricane souvenir cup. It was clear pink and had on it "Relaxation...Great to see you again!". Also on our cruise last May, the drink of the day on the second day (Blue Margaritas) was served in the coconut monkeys. The rest of the time the drinks of the day were served in a regular glass. There was a souvenir cup on the other days, a different one each day, that came with other drinks that were not the drink of the day but they were really good.

The drink of the day on the first day of the cruise is still in a hurricane souvenir cup. It was clear pink and had on it "Relaxation...Great to see you again!". Also on our cruise last May, the drink of the day on the second day (Blue Margaritas) was served in the coconut monkeys. The rest of the time the drinks of the day were served in a regular glass. There was a souvenir cup on the other days, a different one each day, that came with other drinks that were not the drink of the day but they were really good.

Thanks, it might be fun to get a couple of them. I like the cordials glasses too. I will have to remember to get a couple of those.

Are the drinks of the day available in some type of souvenir cup now? Haven't sailed Carnival since 2006 and then it was the different colored hurricane glasses.

On my last cruise yes they were, but not all bars or walkin bartenders had them. If you waited to long in the day. They were out.. Its all about timing. Itll be. My small mission to try them all and get cups

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I also have three glass carnival glasses from a cruise on Holiday in 1992 I think it was. I use them almost every day and surprisingly they are still going strong!

Sent from my Ipad

On my last cruise yes they were, but not all bars or walkin bartenders had them. If you waited to long in the day. They were out.. Its all about timing. Itll be. My small mission to try them all and get cups

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We were able to get all of ours on the Lido Deck this time (bars/walking bartenders), even the disco ball cup, which I thought was only served at the bar in the disco from what I saw in other posts here on CC. Since I had some of the others already (funnel cup, coconut monkey), I really wanted the blowfish cup so I asked a bartender at one of the bars at the Lido deck on the first day and he told me what day they'd have them and he was correct. I also wanted the disco ball, but surprisingly it was also served on the Lido deck one of the days. Hope you are successful in your mission to get all the cups. That was one of my missions this past cruise too, with success.

I saw 5 of the Carnival hurricane glasses at a thrift store the other day for 50 cents ea. I see glasses from different cruise lines all the time at thrift stores. I don't need them - it just clutters up my cupboards. We did get the Tervis tumblers as a platinum gift and DH uses them every day

They have Tervis now??? This makes me so happy :) I use tervis tumblers every day, and have a slight (alright MAJOR) tervis addiction :) :) Lasts forever and has a lifetime warranty! Can't beat that!

Now I will commence collecting those!

As a side note, I have the funnel, clear and pink hurricaines, the cordial glasses, and the soda card glasses. I Love them all, and use them by the pool in the summer! Guests enjoy them and they look great at the tikibar by the pool! Very festive!

ok im officially booked so my crazy excited over planning i want to see/do it all self is in full effect..

on my last trip on carnival i got an AWESOME monkey cup carved from a coconut on the ship..

so ill ask you all this... what fun keepable cups have you recently gotten. Pics included would be great. ( i attached mine )

I got the monkey head (several of them haha). I also got a blowfish that the straw sticks out of his mouth and a cool carnival "whale tail" stack specialty drink cup.

Oh and a bunch of the different colored tall plastic ones that just say carnival on them. Sorry no pictures with me.

I sailing on the Victory in 3 weeks and I would love to have a cup like the ones y'all are describing. Where and when can I find these cups and do I have to buy a special kind of drink to get it? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

All of the ones I've gotten (from past 3 cruises now) have been on the Lido Deck and usually during the day. On our past two cruises they were offered by bartenders carrying them around on trays and also at the bars on the Lido Deck by the pools. They usually have a different one each day but on our past cruise last May, they didn't sell out so a cup that was served on a previous day could still be purchased later, but that would be while supplies lasted. They come with special drinks but if you want something else, you can get it. You can also buy an empty cup for about half the price. We saw that done a couple of times, usually parents with little kids who wanted the cups. Hope this helps.

I got the monkey head (several of them haha). I also got a blowfish that the straw sticks out of his mouth and a cool carnival "whale tail" stack specialty drink cup.

Oh and a bunch of the different colored tall plastic ones that just say carnival on them. Sorry no pictures with me.

My DH will be happy to know that there is someone else who has several monkey head cups because I've got several now too.

Edited by pghsteelerfan