Dining Package

roger001

Looking at an email from NCL reference our next cruise, a thought soaked into my simple brain. The email offers the "ultimate dining package". It provides (on a 7 day cruise) seven nights of specialty restaurant (some restrictions on which restaurants) dining for $119 per person total. My thought.....with all the frequent complaints that NCL (and most cruise lines now) do not provide the more gourmet dining experience of cruise ships years past, this dining package can do just that and for not that much additional expense. Considering the total price of a cruise now, and they certainly are a bargain, you get all that a cruise offers, plus for just an additional $220 total for a couple, you can elevate that cruise dining experience, every single night, to the additional gourmet dining experience some of you are wishing for. With all the money you will spend on drinks, tours, and all the rest, another $220 to make the total package so much more rewarding (food wise), that's actually a heck of a deal. At least my simple brain thinks so. Oooops...I already get two nights of free specialty dining anyhow (platinum).

Looking at an email from NCL reference our next cruise, a thought soaked into my simple brain. The email offers the "ultimate dining package". It provides (on a 7 day cruise) seven nights of specialty restaurant (some restrictions on which restaurants) dining for $119 per person total. My thought.....with all the frequent complaints that NCL (and most cruise lines now) do not provide the more gourmet dining experience of cruise ships years past, this dining package can do just that and for not that much additional expense. Considering the total price of a cruise now, and they certainly are a bargain, you get all that a cruise offers, plus for just an additional $220 total for a couple, you can elevate that cruise dining experience, every single night, to the additional gourmet dining experience some of you are wishing for. With all the money you will spend on drinks, tours, and all the rest, another $220 to make the total package so much more rewarding (food wise), that's actually a heck of a deal. At least my simple brain thinks so. Oooops...I already get two nights of free specialty dining anyhow (platinum).

Oooops again. Bad math. Make that $240 a night total, two persons. Same conclusion though.

Oooops again. Bad math. Make that $240 a night total, two persons. Same conclusion though.

Hmmm $240/pp/nite....wow.........which dining room is this? J/K I see what you mean and for some it will be a bargain, for us probably not.

For example, on our last cruise we ate at Cagney's twice = 60pp and Moderno and La Cucina once each = $40 total $100. Having said that what's another $20 to eat every night in a specialty restaurant? All good if it's what you want.

I just bought this for my parents on our seven day Sun cruise. My parents would never think of paying for the speciality restaurants, but if give this as a gift, I think they will really enjoy it. They are in their 80s and the idea of paying for food when 'free' food is available just doesnt work for them. Plus I am going to tell a little lie that the price is much much lower for UDP because we booked 9 months in advance.

Plus I am going to tell a little lie that the price is much much lower for UDP because we booked 9 months in advance.

Unless you're absolutely sure that your parents won't be speaking with others onboard about the UDP, please think of something else to sugarcoat it - that's exactly how all the nasty rumours get started. :D

Hmmm $240/pp/nite....wow.........which dining room is this? J/K I see what you mean and for some it will be a bargain, for us probably not.

For example, on our last cruise we ate at Cagney's twice = 60pp and Moderno and La Cucina once each = $40 total $100. Having said that what's another $20 to eat every night in a specialty restaurant? All good if it's what you want.

Wow. Glad I don't have to count change or do any other math today. I'll try once more. $240 total for two persons for the 7 nights of specialty dining.

I thonk the ultimate dining can be a great deal. You just have to figure all the options. First, the 3 specialty packaage is gone. For us, going on the Breakaway, it won't work. We have Cirque which is not include and want to try Ocean Blue which is dicounted by 10%. So, not worth if one night we want to do sushi or O'Sheehans.

We are starting to plan for our March cruise and since we are in a Suite we have Cagneys for Breakfast and Lunch we said this time we would skip Cagneys for night dining since we have yet to be really pleased with a meal there. We have eaten evening meals there 4 times now only to always be disappointed :o We do plan to go to Moderno twice and Le Bistro twice and Teppanyaki once and Maybe the Asian restaurant once but we really like dining in the Main restaurant the first night for the Lobster and especially the Key Lime Pie :D So unless someone tells me they no longer do the lobster the first night and the Key Lime pie is gone the $119 would only save us one dollar:rolleyes: Plus there is always the possibility that one night we may decide to just grab something in the buffet because we plan to eat lunch and drink in all the ports. I can see on a longer cruise this being a good deal but I really don't see the huge advantage for a 7 day cruise.