Checking MDR table assignment

coconutmonkey

We always check as soon as we board the ship.

The last time we sailed our seapass had NO table number. Upon checking it meant they completed screwed up and had us at Select dining rather than an assigned table for two.

So, if you know your table number, just head down and check it out (most tables will have the number on them, if not there are usually employees around to ask). If you find a problem/error or just can't figure out where you are (or if like me they put you in Select) the Maitre'd is supposed to be directly outside and you can speak to him to get this fixed.

Most people seem to be upset when talking to him but I choose to be calm and patient and simply request what I need (and let him/her know that is what I had booked) and they have always accommodated me.

One of the MaitreD staff will have a table set up somewhere in the MDR to check on this. ask when you get aboard

Usually the station to check your table assignment is not in the MDR per se- most of the time it is on the balcony level of the MDR at the nearest lounge, depending if you're on an S or M style ship. They have the entire MDR listing and can show you where your assigned table is located. A lot of people do check as soon as they are on board and you may have to wait a while for them to get to you.

Good luck.

We always email Celebrity before we have made our final payment asking to have a table for two. We have now received a reply to say we will have a table for two when we are on the Century in February 2014.

When we get on board we go to see the maitre'd to make sure we have a table for two and were it is located in the dining room. This saves a lot of bother when we go in for dinner on the first night.

We always email Celebrity before we have made our final payment asking to have a table for two. We have now received a reply to say we will have a table for two when we are on the Century in February 2014.

When we get on board we go to see the maitre'd to make sure we have a table for two and were it is located in the dining room. This saves a lot of bother when we go in for dinner on the first night.

You mean they actually replied to your email? Been waiting for 3 weeks on my reply. Obviously I got the answer elsewhere.

The last time we sailed our seapass had NO table number. Upon checking it meant they completed screwed up and had us at Select dining rather than an assigned table for two.

So, if you know your table number, just head down and check it out (most tables will have the number on them, if not there are usually employees around to ask). If you find a problem/error or just can't figure out where you are (or if like me they put you in Select) the Maitre'd is supposed to be directly outside and you can speak to him to get this fixed.

Most people seem to be upset when talking to him but I choose to be calm and patient and simply request what I need (and let him/her know that is what I had booked) and they have always accommodated me.

I've just looked at our last six sea passes and there's no table number on any of them. They usually place a card with the number in your cabin. I go and look for my table and on the rare occasion it's not suited us we've asked for a change and got it with no problem :)

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Royal Caribbean as I've never seen the table number on the sea pass card for a Celebrity cruise? For Celebrity it has always been a card placed in the room, at least in my experience.