Ft. Lauderdale Port

66vette

I am getting off the Vision of the Seas in the morning and getting on the Oasis that same day. What is the best method of transportation, walking with your luggage, getting a taxi even though it is probably not that far or is there another mode of transportation available? Does anyone know how far that is and do you have to stay on the sidewalks or is there a way to cut across?

I am getting off the Vision of the Seas in the morning and getting on the Oasis that same day. What is the best method of transportation, walking with your luggage, getting a taxi even though it is probably not that far or is there another mode of transportation available? Does anyone know how far that is and do you have to stay on the sidewalks or is there a way to cut across?

Have you tried asking Guest Services on the Vision?

I would be very surprised if you could walk. Port Everglades is an industrial type area, and not conducive to walking.

It all depends on where the Vision docks in relation to where Oasis is docked. This November we cruised on Liberty and then on Westerdam as soon as we got back. When we exited from customs getting off Liberty, we literally walked 100 yards and into the Westerdam terminal.

There is a website that shows where ships dock in Ft. Lauderdale and I'm sure someone will be able to post that website address.

We had to do the same thing...Liberty to Vision. I don't think it's walkable at all, especially if you have any luggage. Cab is your best option. 20 or 25 bucks should do it.

FWIW, don't get there too early. We waited around, standing in an unorganized line for an hour or so until they were ready to register passengers on the Vision.

PE has free shuttle between the piers/parking areas. Ask a porter where to catch it

As far as I know the shuttle only runs between the mid port garage and terminals 25-29. You will most likely dock at 25 or 29 and need to go to 18 for Oasis. I would plan on taking a cab.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We had to do the same thing...Liberty to Vision. I don't think it's walkable at all, especially if you have any luggage. Cab is your best option. 20 or 25 bucks should do it.

That seems a little steep. The cab ride from PE to the airport is only about $15 and this would just be a real short ride. I understand there could be a minimum even for such a short distance but was just curious how you arrived at $20-$25. Was this from your experience of doing it and that was how much it cost you?

I just did a similar transfer on Dec 7, 2013 from the Independence of the Seas to the Oasis.

There was a bus chartered for Royal Caribbean that transported guests from the Indy to the Oasis and another Celebrity ship in port that day. Just ask one of the Royal Caribbean representatives where to catch the bus.

We were told the bus leaves at 10:00am but we waited almost an hour for the bus to fill up. The Oasis was the first stop and were checked in on the Oasis by 11:15am.

While it took a while, it was free (plus a tip for the bus driver who handled our luggage). It was just a matter of where we waited.

There were separate shuttles that run to the other parking garages that left about every 20 minutes.

Edited by loudbmw

While it took a while, it was free (plus a tip for the bus driver who handled our luggage). It was just a matter of where we waited.

There were separate shuttles that run to the other parking garages that left about every 20 minutes.

Plus they are more than willing to drop you off at other ships, very easy