Reason for the Excursion Price Guarantee

Vitality08

Just wondering if anyone thinks the Excursion Price Guarantee is in response to the family that was robbed recently? Basically a way to urge more people to book with them instead of possibly going off on their own or do you think the timing is coincidental?

I would say it is a coincidence, this has probably been in the works for awhile. And the fact that Carnival will still come out ahead in the end. Sure they may give us 110% of the difference, but once you pay the higher price you are technically only getting 10% of the difference....then it is non-refundable OBC that you spend on board or lose.

Coincidental.. They weigh these changes over time. They didn't do anything that quickly.. Carnival never does.

...Has absolutely nothing to do with Carnival. But you're right, no company will ever make a financial decision that fast. Every cruise line has known for years that most excursion companies can and will beat them in price. The cruise lines play on the "Fear Factor." You know the old phrase "If you arrive late from a ship sponsored tour, we'll hold the ship for you. If you take an excursion not associated with the cruise line, and you're late getting back on the ship, we're sailing without you."

...I think it's a good move by Carnival. Let's see if the other cruise lines follow.

there was an excursion we did on our own in st. johns. I got talking with the owner as he was piloting the boat for the reverse falls. He had said that he wouldn't contract with the cruise lines because 1)lower rate 2) he couldn't take anyone else even if he had the space or no bookings while the cruise lines were in port. He'd rather take his chances from reviews, his website, etc.

There are some reason's I would book with the cruise line. the guarantee if ship doesn't port I'd get my money back (some places do offer that as well) Another reason is time frame, if something was to happen, It would be at carnival's expense to get me back to the ship even if at a different port. Plus sometimes outside excurstions do not include transportation which the cruiseline does.

I was telling my friend the parasailing we want to book for some reason dropped in price. I was thinking maybe I had read it wrong, because I always round up. She said no, it was 99.99 but now 89.99. and the one place I checked online was advertising 85 for the parasailing. Then a couple days later I see the post regarding the 110% guarantee. So maybe that's why it dropped. who knows, but 10 bucks is 10 bucks lol. Just for the guarantee if we didn't port was why I would book w/carnival on this one even thojit had been 15 more.

Edited by jks336