Lifeboat Drills In The Cold

Artemus

muster drill must be done 24 hr after departure if it cold outside just go 2 the medical center say you have a headache and do the drill when they call your name the next day.

The 24 hour rule changed after the Concordia disaster. Muster is now required to be completed prior to sailing.

The 24 hour rule changed after the Concordia disaster.

Muster is now required to be completed prior to sailing.

That's right! -and it's an excellent idea too.

In the same way the Titanic disaster changed everything re. numbers of lifeboats

the Concordia disaster tightened up things a whole lot more, again!

Muster is completed before bow and stern ropes are un-tensioned!

We have cruised on the Fantasy and Fascination. On both, they started off inside and they went over the life vests and all of that stuff. After that, they took us out to the area in front of the boats and finished it up.

this is how it was on the Fantasy a few weeks ago. see if you can get a spot against the ship and everyone in front of you can keep you warm. :)

• 3 weeks later...
I just returned from my cruise on the Carnival Pride and the lifeboat drill was inside because of it being so cold. Thanks to those who gave correct answers. There were many incorrect answers to my question.

Glad to see they've updated their drill policy. It can get quite cold out there.

I was on the Pride on 1/26/14. We had an modified muster drill. We had to report to the muster station walk out one door and in another, so we were outside for 2 or 3 seconds and then we reported to out interior muster station.

I just returned from my cruise on the Carnival Pride and the lifeboat drill was inside because of it being so cold. Thanks to those who gave correct answers. There were many incorrect answers to my question.

Maybe I'm reading your 'update' wrong... but as someone who took the time to answer your question... I'm somewhat offended. I see that a lot of people shared their EXPERIENCES with you... they are not incorrect answers - We left NYC in very cold temps (polar vortex) and they held the muster outside. A few muster stations (at least one in the lobby) were located inside (maybe for disabled) - but most everyone was outside by the lifeboats. Nothing incorrect about that!

The answers that you should be thankful for are the one's that gave you reason to believe it might be outside so that you could prepare appropriately! Better that you went thinking it would be outside and got to stay in then the other way around.